The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We’ve not had a duel in Kirkcaldy for a while. Those pistols are just sitting in Kirkcaldy Galleries too. Such a waste. How dare he slight you as the voice of doom! That Ian Ogilvie boy is much worse IMO.

http://secretscotland.org.uk/index.php/Secrets/LastFatalDuelInScotland

A salutary lesson of the foolishness of attacking someone with an umbrella in Kirkcaldy High Street. Of course, these days you'd be hard pressed to find anyone down the High Street to attack.

Bring back the duel I say. Starting tonight at sundown. Iain Davidson v Declan McManus for the League 1 title.

8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

3100 tickets available to us - initially - and folk are moaning that the way they’ve done it isn’t fair. Someone in the Facebook page said it was “disgusting” emoji23.png

Anyone who wants a ticket will get one so there’s no real problem on paper.  Definitely not in ‘disgusting’ territory, but leaving aside the Facebook folk who will moan about anything, still think there’s a perception issue of club not letting season ticket holders get priority unless they sign up to a bus. Sends a message that ST holders aren’t really valued by the club, which isn’t great. 

The Club has been superb building relationships with fans over the last few years so maybe that’s why this just sticks out.  Not a huge issue admittedly, but needless pissing off a few of your most loyal customers not a great strategy. Just let them buy a ticket in the pre-sale. 

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

I know football folk are infamous for resorting to cliches in front of a camera, but f**k me,  Paul "very much so" Smith. Reminds me of Ally "it really is" McCoist.

At least it isn't Grant 'First and Foremost' Murray.

59 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I know football folk are infamous for resorting to cliches in front of a camera, but f**k me,  Paul "very much so" Smith. Reminds me of Ally "it really is" McCoist.

57 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

At least it isn't Grant 'First and Foremost' Murray.

Aye “very much so”

Thomson our until at least April it looks like:

“McGlynn says he expects Thomson to be out for some time.

“It’s a quad muscle injury from taking a bye kick, but he didn’t realise at the time.

“He’s gutted because he’s been out for a long time with his Achilles and he’s only just got back into the team, so it’s a shame for him. It looks like he’ll have a few weeks out with that.”

- Fife Today