The New Raith Rovers Thread

38 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Given we already had, and have successfully played, a five back with Miller/McKay/Davo/Bene/MacDonald, I’m not sure that even an SAndo for McKay change would make JMcG play less four back formations. Maybe more of a cover for a long Davo suspension for his next red, if it comes?

I‘d love to be wrong, because I feel that playing five back suits us better, but that’s why JMcG is the coach.

I disagree, there is definitely more chance of a back 5 with Anderson. Although, I have said before I don’t buy into back 5 = good, back 4 = bad it’s horses for courses. We have won 5 and drawn 2 of our last 7 league games playing a back 4.

We have played a back 5 twice in 22 games without Anderson. Both away to higher league opposition (Livingston and Inverness). So as far as I can see we have never played a back 5 in the league without Anderson. We played a five in 8 of the 11 games we had Anderson, Davo and Bene all fit together. The three times we didn’t were the day after Anderson signed and a game each where Anderson and Bene had just returned from suspension.

If our recent form continues we are unlikely to change but if there is a drop off and everyone is fit we are far more likely to revert to a back 5 with Anderson than without. 

Edited by R.R.FC

Happy to see Anderson back but on the other hand,big risk re signing an injured played in rehab and possibly 3-4 weeks from fitness.Just needs a delay in recovery or breakdown on recovery and its a waste of money or we,ve paid money for an influence in the dressing room and around the club

Happy to see Anderson back but on the other hand,big risk re signing an injured played in rehab and possibly 3-4 weeks from fitness.Just needs a delay in recovery or breakdown on recovery and its a waste of money or we,ve paid money for an influence in the dressing room and around the club

I reckon Anderson will be signing permanently in the summer anyway.

We will be selling ticket and coach packages for the Cup Final to Rovers Season Ticket Holders between 1pm and 7pm on Wednesday 4th March and Thursday 5th March 2020.

Thereafter, dates will be announced for open sale.

SPFL guidelines dictate that the Club is required to record names and addresses for each ticket sale, however we will also require a mobile telephone number for everyone travelling by Club Coach.

Purchases can be made in person at the Raith Suite or by telephone at the Stadium Main Office on 01592 263514 option 6 on the 4th and 5th of March 2020.

Given staffing and operational demands, the sales team WILL NOT be available until 1300 on both dates.

23 hours ago, grumswall said:
On 27/02/2020 at 20:19, Hank Scorpio said:
Jack Smith going out on loan to Dundonald. I thought he’s looked pretty good when he’s played. EoS is a really poor level.

We have alot of attacking options that are ahead of him. I think he could have done a job at league 2 level but at least he should be gaurenteed regular game time at Dundonald, which is what he needs having barely played.

gaurenteed  ?😮 Eh ? 

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Can’t be bad for our reputation as a club that helps develop loanees. And, fair play to him, he did his bit for us well!

Think McGlynn has a great reputation as someone who will look after young players. That’s a real benefit to us in terms of who we get I think. 

3 hours ago, roarytheraver said:

What’s the chances off the game getting called off? Heading through on the train and don’t want a wasted journey

I asked this on the Game thread but no responses mate. That said, unless the pitch was horrific before, the rain through here hasn’t been too bad over the last few days. I don’t really have too many worries about it...

9 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Cracking finish from Gullan. Good luck to him.

Inverness a bit over physical at times. Can see them kicking Reagan Hendry all over the park

I lost count of the times they fouled Boyle. A different guy fouling every time too so they just pick up a string of yellows. It was like watching Crazy Gang era Airdrie from the ‘90s.