The New Raith Rovers Thread

Jack Smith going out on loan to Dundonald. I thought he’s looked pretty good when he’s played. EoS is a really poor level.

Dundonald are probably one of the best teams I’ve seen at EoS level therefore it’d be a good move for Jack in terms of that he gets game time and good experience in one of the best sides in the league.

12 minutes ago, MoanEhRaith said:

Dundonald are probably one of the best teams I’ve seen at EoS level therefore it’d be a good move for Jack in terms of that he gets game time and good experience in one of the best sides in the league.

But, as Hank notes, a very low (relatively) level for him to move to. I hope it is because they have a spot he can immediately fill, but certainly I would have preferred a Highland/Lowland team at least. I’m pretty confident he could perform at League Two level also, since he hasn’t looked out of his depth with the little time he’s had. I wonder what JMcG is seeing/not seeing at practice that drives this move.

But, as Hank notes, a very low (relatively) level for him to move to. I hope it is because they have a spot he can immediately fill, but certainly I would have preferred a Highland/Lowland team at least. I’m pretty confident he could perform at League Two level also, since he hasn’t looked out of his depth with the little time he’s had. I wonder what JMcG is seeing/not seeing at practice that drives this move.
JMc interviewmentions rehab from injury and strengthening more than once, so it seems these are the priorities. Perhaps EOS will be easier for him?

Wonder if Mendy will go back out then or if they will be super cautious seeing as it may still be 6-7 weeks away. Also hope this a sweetner with a view to signing him on a free for next season.
Anderson is 3-4 weeks away now according to McGlynn.

Just in time for him and MacLean to lead us to cup victory at McDiarmid.

11 hours ago, grumswall said:

Maybe you need to get your monacle checked...

Anderson hasn't stopped training with us apart from when injured from what I'm led to believe.

Certainly sounds from John McGlynns interview that Anderson has been training with us, not. 

Delighted with that, he is obviously an excellent defender and opens up the possibility of reverting to a back 5 more easily. Additionally, his experience could be invaluable over the coming weeks and months.

I’d imagine we’ll have a few St Johnstone fans backing us at the cup final now.

Also very decent of St Johnstone to effectively save us a month of whatever we are covering of Anderson’s wages.

Edited by R.R.FC

Source?
Isn’t he still under contract with St Johnston? Why wouldn’t he train with them instead of us?

I’m not complaining as he’ll have a brilliant influence on boys in training even though he can’t contribute on the Saturday.

What a signing! Absolutely delighted to have him back!
Still out for another 3-4 weeks, but as I’ve said, to have him around boys at the club is excellent.

53 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Steven Anderson confirmed as returning on loan. Thought we were only allowed one over 21 due to age limits so it's a pleasant surprise.

People from Perth now really like us btw.

Raith (Retirement) Rovers?

Actually pretty pleased with SAndo sticking around. Even if he isn’t playing for now, the knowledge and leadership and he brings to the back line, and added to MacLean’s leadership up top, will do wonders for our younger players!

34 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Delighted with that, he is obviously an excellent defender and opens up the possibility of reverting to a back 5 more easily.

Given we already had, and have successfully played, a five back with Miller/McKay/Davo/Bene/MacDonald, I’m not sure that even an SAndo for McKay change would make JMcG play less four back formations. Maybe more of a cover for a long Davo suspension for his next red, if it comes?

I‘d love to be wrong, because I feel that playing five back suits us better, but that’s why JMcG is the coach.