The New Raith Rovers Thread

Jack Smith going out on loan to Dundonald. I thought he’s looked pretty good when he’s played. EoS is a really poor level.
We have alot of attacking options that are ahead of him. I think he could have done a job at league 2 level but at least he should be gaurenteed regular game time at Dundonald, which is what he needs having barely played.

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Very much a “it was the company, not the club” type response. Presumably you’d have voted let Rangers start 2012-13 in the premier? No point in punishing the new regime, eh?

Dunfermline being able to cook the book, rid themselves of all debts, paying 0p in the pound and restarting 100% debt free was, in my opinion, massively advantageous compared to clubs who have spend years honestly paying off their debts with interest from that free spending era in Scottish football.

Comparing apples and pears.

We have a big week coming up. We struggle last time out against dumbarton. We were unable to deal with balls being put in the box. Falkirk will look to put us on the back foot on Tuesday night as well, something we will need to be ready for. This time next week, i think we will know where we are going to finish. 2 falkirk wins and i think they will take confidence and go on to win it. Two wins or even a win and a draw isnt the worst result for us. Anything less than that, then I fear we won’t win it.

Jack Smith going out on loan to Dundonald. I thought he’s looked pretty good when he’s played. EoS is a really poor level.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed when I heard that too. I’d have hoped he could have gone to a league 2 side and got game time there. At least if he gets 12/13 games under his belt between now and the end of the season, he will be sharper come the friendlies.

In other news Steven Anderson is back training with Raith.

Source?
Isn’t he still under contract with St Johnston? Why wouldn’t he train with them instead of us?

I’m not complaining as he’ll have a brilliant influence on boys in training even though he can’t contribute on the Saturday.

4 hours ago, Raithie said:

So what would McGlynn have done if Goodwillie wasn’t playing? Hint: it wouldn’t have involved starting Watson.

You still aren’t reading what I say. McKay started for Miller because JMcG preferred a deeper lying defenseman, IMHO.

35 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

We have a big week coming up. We struggle last time out against dumbarton. We were unable to deal with balls being put in the box. Falkirk will look to put us on the back foot on Tuesday night as well, something we will need to be ready for. This time next week, i think we will know where we are going to finish. 2 falkirk wins and i think they will take confidence and go on to win it. Two wins or even a win and a draw isnt the worst result for us. Anything less than that, then I fear we won’t win it.

I think we will struggle at Clyde without McManus tbh. I have no faith in Sammon or McMillan to fill the void. 

45 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Source?
Isn’t he still under contract with St Johnston? Why wouldn’t he train with them instead of us?

I’m not complaining as he’ll have a brilliant influence on boys in training even though he can’t contribute on the Saturday.

I thought we'd terminated his loan tbh. He's exactly the type of person you want about the club in our position.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, Grant228 said:
We are due to announce losses this year aye, hence the massive cuts. 

We have also made massive cuts and went to a hybrid model this season. We're top of the league and in a cup final. Full Time football isn't sustainable for the majority of clubs below the premiership without outside investment unfortunately. 

It's been sustainable the last few seasons for us, we also posted a profit as a full time side in league one. 

2 hours ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

when are the dunfies going to pay us for Nesbit

Already paid you everything we owe. 

Very much a “it was the company, not the club” type response. Presumably you’d have voted let Rangers start 2012-13 in the premier? No point in punishing the new regime, eh?

Dunfermline being able to cook the book, rid themselves of all debts, paying 0p in the pound and restarting 100% debt free was, in my opinion, massively advantageous compared to clubs who have spend years honestly paying off their debts with interest from that free spending era in Scottish football.
More evidence if needed that you really aren't very bright.

3 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Source?

Source I saw it with my one eyes at Gym 64. In Raith colours training with the team.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Maybe you need to get your monacle checked...

Anderson hasn't stopped training with us apart from when injured from what I'm led to believe.

Considering I'm at the gym every Tuesday and Thursday and this is the first time I've seen him then I doubt he's been training with us.