The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We were in the Ormond Stand that day too. Airdrie were in the North. Bit of both in the Main Stand.

No Scary, we were in the North stand and East stand. Filled the North and 3/4 filled the East. Airdrie were behind the goals the penalties were shooting into 

6 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

OK I'll bite. So what do you think we as Dunfermline fans should have done when the financial results were announced every year? Protested outside the ground? Boycotted games? I see a lot of you guys worried that Raith are losing a fortune in League 1 & the year-on-year losses are being covered by John SIm/BOD members/soft loans. On a smaller scale granted, but in principle what's the difference? You're spending more than you take in & surely you have been for the last 3 years. The question is how long can it go on for and by your logic how long do YOU let it go on for! Fact is, we had a BOD who spent way, way more than they ever had a chance to bring in. Compared now to15 years ago (when the real damage was done at EEP), fans had little or no say in the running of clubs to an extent that would allow the ordinary punter to be made fully aware of how their club was being run. By the time we got wind of what was really going on, it was 5 years too late. Almost everyone who was involved then has been chased out of the club & football in general (bar Jim Leishman who as far as I know is pretty much just a hospitality host) 

We did go into administration. We did shaft a lot of creditors. It was embarrassing & was a horrible, horrible time to be a Dunfermline fan and the last few years haven't been much better. I wouldn't wish that on any clubs' fans. That worry of not knowing whether your club will survive or not is still really fresh in my mind & it annoys me that you think we're lording it up cash rich a league above you, when the truth is most of us are fully aware that the Lifeline & volunteers are still crucial to the ongoing survival of DAFC

Arent dunfermline due to announce significant losses ?

No Scary, we were in the North stand and East stand. Filled the North and 3/4 filled the East. Airdrie were behind the goals the penalties were shooting into 

This sounds right.

I knew that as you viewed it from the TV we were behind the goal to the left, penalties were taken to the right.

Just didn’t know if the TV cameras were in the main stand or east stand.

17 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Aye, you’re right enough. There was definitely fans in the Main Stand too. I know cause I was on the pitch at the end and there was a skull and crossbones flag and a wee pocket of them in there.

Edited by Scary Bear

10 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Mckay is a better option at RB than Watson. 

Depends on the goal. As a pure, hang back defender, I’d agree. But I think Watson brings more to the game if the play is a back bombing up the wing and crossing.

10 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

By what Logic? The logic that McGlynn is playing McKay as our RB and leaving Miller and Watson on the bench? McKay is our first choice RB at the minute. McKay has probably started more games for us as a RB than as a CB  

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Bene start a game as our LB yet.

Edit to add.. I don’t agree that McKay should be a RB and he’s far better in the middle than out there but that’s not for me to say. The fact that McGlynn is going with him out there shows that he’s our first choice at the minute. And I trust McGlynn with whatever he does.

Miller, I think was all agree is our #1 RB/RWB. As I note above, Watson is a better crossed and threat than McKay, IMO.

Our effective “cover” for MacDonald is basically Bene or Dingwall, I didn’t say they were good choices.

I suspect JMcG likes McKay in the four back, because he hangs back more than Miller, against teams with worrisome attackers.

9 hours ago, Jilted John said:

What makes you say McKay is a centre back ahead of being a right back? Off the top of my head he’s featured more at right back for the first team than he has at centre half.

Absolutely,  he has been shoehorned in at RB because of a preference for four backs and Davo and Bene being the established duo. He is clearly a CB at heart. He’s just not nearly as happy as Miller or MacDonald, or even Watson, pushing up the wing to lob in threatening passes, but has developed nicely into a stout CB.

49 minutes ago, kev23 said:

I appreciate you like Watson as a player, and in his brief time in the team he was fine, but please stop kidding yourself on that he's a wingback who likes to bomb up and down all game.

Not kidding myself, much prefer Miller...but when we want crosses from our backs and Miller isn’t available, Watson at RB beats McKay out of position at RB.

Regardless, the team that ended the last game should pretty much start this one.

18 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

OK I'll bite. So what do you think we as Dunfermline fans should have done when the financial results were announced every year? Protested outside the ground? Boycotted games? I see a lot of you guys worried that Raith are losing a fortune in League 1 & the year-on-year losses are being covered by John SIm/BOD members/soft loans. On a smaller scale granted, but in principle what's the difference? You're spending more than you take in & surely you have been for the last 3 years. The question is how long can it go on for and by your logic how long do YOU let it go on for! Fact is, we had a BOD who spent way, way more than they ever had a chance to bring in. Compared now to15 years ago (when the real damage was done at EEP), fans had little or no say in the running of clubs to an extent that would allow the ordinary punter to be made fully aware of how their club was being run. By the time we got wind of what was really going on, it was 5 years too late. Almost everyone who was involved then has been chased out of the club & football in general (bar Jim Leishman who as far as I know is pretty much just a hospitality host) 

We did go into administration. We did shaft a lot of creditors. It was embarrassing & was a horrible, horrible time to be a Dunfermline fan and the last few years haven't been much better. I wouldn't wish that on any clubs' fans. That worry of not knowing whether your club will survive or not is still really fresh in my mind & it annoys me that you think we're lording it up cash rich a league above you, when the truth is most of us are fully aware that the Lifeline & volunteers are still crucial to the ongoing survival of DAFC

I'm not really meaning the relative glory years of cup finals etc tbh. Even when Dunfermline spent their subsequent years in the old First Division, any suggestions things werent quite kosher with regards to finance fell on deaf ears. It certainly wasn't the fans fault by any matter of means, but it was clear to most people not affiliated with DAFC that things weren't sustainable. 

Doubt any Rovers fan is unaware of our financial predicament but not much we can really do. Those running the club are more transparent than the old regime, and haven't showed any reason why they can't be trusted. Until someone comes in with a big 6 figure cheque there's not much can be done. We need more income, easiest way to do that is by winning promotion and the fans have contributed significant amounts out of their own pocket towards that aim already. 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

I'm not really meaning the relative glory years of cup finals etc tbh. Even when Dunfermline spent their subsequent years in the old First Division, any suggestions things werent quite kosher with regards to finance fell on deaf ears. It certainly wasn't the fans fault by any matter of means, but it was clear to most people not affiliated with DAFC that things weren't sustainable. 

Doubt any Rovers fan is unaware of our financial predicament but not much we can really do. Those running the club are more transparent than the old regime, and haven't showed any reason why they can't be trusted. Until someone comes in with a big 6 figure cheque there's not much can be done. We need more income, easiest way to do that is by winning promotion and the fans have contributed significant amounts out of their own pocket towards that aim already. 

We'd all heard the stories. That's not up for debate. My point is what did you expect us to do, bearing in mind it's 7 years since we went into administration but like I pointed out most of the damage was done between 2000 & 2009 when fans had little or no say in the running of football clubs.

You admit you need more income relying on a generous owner & fan donations, which reading between the lines means you're losing money. So, on a smaller scale, what's the difference between where you are & where we were?

You & other Rovers fans act like you would do & say differently, like footballing pillars of society, when in reality you'd lap up the relative success we had hoping those in charge knew what they were doing.

You're lying if you say otherwise.

Edited by da_no_1

30 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

We'd all heard the stories. That's not up for debate. My point is what did you expect us to do, bearing in mind it's 7 years since we went into administration but like I pointed out most of the damage was done between 2000 & 2009 when fans had little or no say in the running of football clubs.

You admit you need more income relying on a generous owner & fan donations, which reading between the lines means you're losing money. So, on a smaller scale, what's the difference between where you are & where we were?

You & other Rovers fans act like you would do & say differently, like footballing pillars of society, when in reality you'd lap up the relative success we had hoping those in charge knew what they were doing.

Think its more a frustration from Rovers fans that we did the "honest" thing and are trying to clear our debt. When we were in a real bad way maybe if we had taken administration then we would be in a better state than we are now, but we'll never know that. At the end of the day i don't think clubs deliberately set out to get enter administration but as i say i think its frustration, maybe even jealousy, that clubs who did take administration option are now in 1/2 leagues above us. No point dwelling on it though as its happened and nothing can be changed about the history just got to hope for promotion and back to the proper derbies again with decent crowds to help both clubs financially. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Not really saying that at all. There may not be a big difference between our situation and yours, but Rovers fans aren't burying head in the sand about it.  We are all aware of the gravity of the situation. 

I don't expect or didn't expect the fans to sort it out, that wasn't my point. 

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

Not kidding myself, much prefer Miller...but when we want crosses from our backs and Miller isn’t available, Watson at RB beats McKay out of position at RB.

4 hours ago, Raithie said:

So why isn’t he getting a game?

Read my answer again, and don’t take it out or context. It is apparent that the gaffer prioritized the extra defender deep with Goodwillie facing us.