The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yeah I would also be happy with the signing of a left back. If my memory serves me correctly, a few people were complaining at the fact our right backs are very poor a couple weeks ago.

Whether our RB’s are poor or not, we have 3 RB’s, it’s not sensible to go and waste money on another RB when there are other areas of the team that we have 0 cover for.

8 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Whether our RB’s are poor or not, we have 3 RB’s, it’s not sensible to go and waste money on another RB when there are other areas of the team that we have 0 cover for.

Miller and Watson are our RB’s. McKay is a CB, as is Mendy, Davo and Bene. Who’s the third, McKay? By that logic, Bene is our second LB too. Maybe you meant GAndo is a fill-in RB?

Miller and Watson are our RB’s. McKay is a CB, as is Mendy, Davo and Bene. Who’s the third, McKay? By that logic, Bene is our second LB too. Maybe you meant GAndo is a fill-in RB?

By what Logic? The logic that McGlynn is playing McKay as our RB and leaving Miller and Watson on the bench? McKay is our first choice RB at the minute. McKay has probably started more games for us as a RB than as a CB  

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Bene start a game as our LB yet.

Edit to add.. I don’t agree that McKay should be a RB and he’s far better in the middle than out there but that’s not for me to say. The fact that McGlynn is going with him out there shows that he’s our first choice at the minute. And I trust McGlynn with whatever he does.

What makes you say McKay is a centre back ahead of being a right back? Off the top of my head he’s featured more at right back for the first team than he has at centre half.

This. Its disgusting but there's been no reward for clubs who grafted themselves out of the results of being unfortunate enough to succeed when stupid rules like 10k all seater stadiums were a requirement for the top flight. 

There's loads of clubs who loaded up the debt to shaft creditors with tear filled fans say they didn't know. It's all bullshit of course, but I'm confident we're going in the right direction.

OK I'll bite. So what do you think we as Dunfermline fans should have done when the financial results were announced every year? Protested outside the ground? Boycotted games? I see a lot of you guys worried that Raith are losing a fortune in League 1 & the year-on-year losses are being covered by John SIm/BOD members/soft loans. On a smaller scale granted, but in principle what's the difference? You're spending more than you take in & surely you have been for the last 3 years. The question is how long can it go on for and by your logic how long do YOU let it go on for! Fact is, we had a BOD who spent way, way more than they ever had a chance to bring in. Compared now to15 years ago (when the real damage was done at EEP), fans had little or no say in the running of clubs to an extent that would allow the ordinary punter to be made fully aware of how their club was being run. By the time we got wind of what was really going on, it was 5 years too late. Almost everyone who was involved then has been chased out of the club & football in general (bar Jim Leishman who as far as I know is pretty much just a hospitality host) 

We did go into administration. We did shaft a lot of creditors. It was embarrassing & was a horrible, horrible time to be a Dunfermline fan and the last few years haven't been much better. I wouldn't wish that on any clubs' fans. That worry of not knowing whether your club will survive or not is still really fresh in my mind & it annoys me that you think we're lording it up cash rich a league above you, when the truth is most of us are fully aware that the Lifeline & volunteers are still crucial to the ongoing survival of DAFC

Edited by da_no_1

OK I'll bite. So what do you think we as Dunfermline fans should have done when the financial results were announced every year? Protested outside the ground? Boycotted games? I see a lot of you guys worried that Raith are losing a fortune in League 1 & the year-on-year losses are being covered by John SIm/BOD members/soft loans. On a smaller scale granted, but in principle what's the difference? You're spending more than you take in & surely you have been for the last 3 years. The question is how long can it go on for and by your logic how long do YOU let it go on for! Fact is, we had a BOD who spent way, way more than they ever had a chance to bring in. Compared now to15 years ago (when the real damage was done at EEP), fans had little or no say in the running of clubs to an extent that would allow the ordinary punter to be made fully aware of how their club was being run. By the time we got wind of what was really going on, it was 5 years too late. Almost everyone who was involved then has been chased out of the club & football in general (bar Jim Leishman who as far as I know is pretty much just a hospitality host)  We did go into administration. We did shaft a lot of creditors. It was embarrassing & was a horrible, horrible time to be a Dunfermline fan and the last few years haven't been much better. I wouldn't wish that on any clubs' fans. That worry of not knowing whether your club will survive or not is still really fresh in my mind & it annoys me that you think we're lording it up cash rich a league above you, when the truth is most of us are fully aware that the Lifeline & volunteers are still crucial to the ongoing survival of DAFC

Where did he mention Dunfermline FC in his post?

That worry of not knowing whether your club will survive or not is still really fresh in my mind & it annoys me that you think we're lording it up cash rich a league above you, when the truth is most of us are fully aware that the Lifeline & volunteers are still crucial to the ongoing survival of DAFC

Why reject a £250K+ bid for Nesbit then, if you’re struggling so much? Doesn’t fit the “just happy to have a club to support” mantra that was oft repeated after your mob cooked the books.

Why reject a £250K+ bid for Nesbit then, if you’re struggling so much? Doesn’t fit the “just happy to have a club to support” mantra that was oft repeated after your mob cooked the books.
Yeah that was 2014. We survived a high court injunction to wind us up. I was quite relieved 6 years ago to still have a club to support. It's now 2020 and we now have an asset to sell. A valuable one at that. What would you do? Flog him to the first bidder? Or hold on til the summer?

Fail to see your point obviously through all those salty tears because we have him til the summer then in all probability sell on and you have John Baird.

Don't really remember Dunfermline fans giving much of a toss about their financial situation until it was far too late, but I may of course be wrong. 
Would you have "gave a toss"? If your team was in 3 cup finals in 5 years? And "playing" in Europe. Bit holier than thou attitude coming across here.....

Would you have "gave a toss"? If your team was in 3 cup finals in 5 years? And "playing" in Europe. Bit holier than thou attitude coming across here.....

Too right we wouldn’t have given a toss! We are pretty strapped for cash just now, posting losses in this league, and folk still expected us to knock back good money for Bowie. Probably the same folk having a go at Dunfermline for knocking back money for Nesbit.

Ladies and gents, I posted this in the cup thread but likely get far more eyes here:

For the Rovers fans planning on getting up nice and early for the Challenge Cup final , the Tullochs social club is already full (I assume with Rovers fans as a couple of buses I know and are full are going there - and when we phone yesterday we were told there was no room at the inn).

The only two pubs remotely close by  to the ground are the Glover arms and Welcome In - both 15-20 min walks. We have booked tables in the Glover Arms. It is likely the ICT buses/fans may seek these out with Tulloch's being full, so as one Rovers fan to another, get yourselves booked in first!

Too right we wouldn’t have given a toss! We are pretty strapped for cash just now, posting losses in this league, and folk still expected us to knock back good money for Bowie. Probably the same folk having a go at Dunfermline for knocking back money for Nesbit.

Hardly anybody on here was critical of the Bowie deal.