The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Davy McKay should be second choice full back behind Miller

Dave McKay is a CB, leave him there and play Miller as #1 RB and Watson as #2. McKay (or Mendy) will replace Davo next year, let’s keep them both focused on CB.

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Miller can also be a midfield anchor as well he played there in pre season.

What's the latest with mendy?

I think we'll keep him until the end of the season as a last resort. Am I the only one who is happy for us to get more bodies in regardless if we've already got cover? I'm utterly sick of seeing us losing players to injuries within a few weeks and finding ourselves in the middle of a crisis. f**k that happening when we've done so well. 

17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I think we'll keep him until the end of the season as a last resort. Am I the only one who is happy for us to get more bodies in regardless if we've already got cover? I'm utterly sick of seeing us losing players to injuries within a few weeks and finding ourselves in the middle of a crisis. f**k that happening when we've done so well. 

Our squad is the strongest it’s been in a while, but happy to see another body in if finances allow. The run in is going to be extremely challenging so we need all hands on deck for it. 

Just watching Scotland’s Game on the BBC Scotland channel. It’s at the clubs going into administration phase of Scottish football after the Setanta collapse. It’s still a rich irony that many of the clubs who took the administration route and shafted creditors in that period now sit well above us in the league structure. Brings home that the penalties for financial misconduct in Scottish football really have been inadequate

Edited to add that it’s now on the Gretna ‘fairytale’. Jesus, it gets worse  

Edited by roverthemoon

Just watching Scotland’s Game on the BBC Scotland channel. It’s at the clubs going into administration phase of Scottish football after the Setanta collapse. It’s still a rich irony that many of the clubs who took the administration route and shafted creditors in that period now sit well above us in the league structure. Brings home that the penalties for financial misconduct in Scottish football really have been inadequate
It's why we've struggled for so long imo. The burden of having historical debt has lead to us having more as the years have went on and we're stuck in a vicious cycle. Beyond one of us striking lucky in business or winning alot, that's the way we are for the foreseeable. I take a bit of pride that our club hasn't ever shafted creditors in that manner and that we are trying to get a club that is self sustainable while paying our debts.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
11 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I take a bit of pride that our club hasn't ever shafted creditors in that manner and that we are trying to get a club that is self sustainable while paying our debts.

Absolutely. it’s a struggle, but one we are dealing with in the right way.

This. Its disgusting but there's been no reward for clubs who grafted themselves out of the results of being unfortunate enough to succeed when stupid rules like 10k all seater stadiums were a requirement for the top flight.

There's loads of clubs who loaded up the debt to shaft creditors with tear filled fans say they didn't know. It's all bullshit of course, but I'm confident we're going in the right direction.

8 hours ago, grumswall said:
9 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

It's why we've struggled for so long imo. The burden of having historical debt has lead to us having more as the years have went on and we're stuck in a vicious cycle. Beyond one of us striking lucky in business or winning alot, that's the way we are for the foreseeable. I take a bit of pride that our club hasn't ever shafted creditors in that manner and that we are trying to get a club that is self sustainable while paying our debts.

What creditors do we have to shaft? Who do we owe the debts too?

The last few seasons financial results don’t look like they are sustainable, but then again I’m not an accountant and I don’t know enough about it. However, I can see the condition of the 25 year old North and South Stands and the Railway Stand and evening the Main Stand. Those will be a drain on resources. Then there’s the cost of running a 24/25 man squad and all the back room and supporting staff.

If we can break even we’re doing well given our crowds and the league we’re playing in. 

40 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

What creditors do we have to shaft? Who do we owe the debts too?

The last few seasons financial results don’t look like they are sustainable, but then again I’m not an accountant and I don’t know enough about it. However, I can see the condition of the 25 year old North and South Stands and the Railway Stand and evening the Main Stand. Those will be a drain on resources. Then there’s the cost of running a 24/25 man squad and all the back room and supporting staff.

If we can break even we’re doing well given our crowds and the league we’re playing in. 

They're sustainable as long as someone is willing to keep putting their hand in their pocket to make up the shortfall. If that stops we are goosed.

Regarding loan signings, if we aren't going to use the 4 slots then if there was any prospect at all that Steven Anderson could be fit for the run in I'd be tempted to try and get him back.

What’s wrong with me saying I would quite like to see a right back signing? I know we have 3 right backs, but we have a solid left back so I would like to see a solid and consistent right back signing.

There’s nothing wrong with it, but when we have three right backs in the squad and only one left back, I wouldn’t say it’s a priority.

There’s nothing wrong with it, but when we have three right backs in the squad and only one left back, I wouldn’t say it’s a priority.

Yeah I would also be happy with the signing of a left back. If my memory serves me correctly, a few people were complaining at the fact our right backs are very poor a couple weeks ago.

Yeah I would definitely say that left back is a priority, in my original post I’d said a full back but if we were to get cover for Macca that’d be ideal, however, I’m not sure about a heavily inexperienced LB from Celtic coming into a title pushing squad.