The New Raith Rovers Thread

Why?

Dave McKay is first choice at the minute.

We have Micheal Miller, as second choice, on the bench.

It wouldn’t be sensible to waste money on bringing in a RB

We also have Watson who done well enough when called upon.

Considering who said it, I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

14 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Aye he's from Kirkcaldy. Hopefully doesn't mean macdonald is injured.

Apologies if it turns it to be true.

It's the one member of the squad we dont really have adequate cover for. Glad we are finally sorting that for the run in. 

I still have trouble thinking we will last the distance but we are certainly now in a time where single mistakes, or enforced changes and tweaks to systems could hurt us massively. So happy to have him in, so at least a injury or loss of form to MacDonald doesn't mean shuffling 7 other players about to accommodate.

It's the one member of the squad we dont really have adequate cover for. Glad we are finally sorting that for the run in. 
I still have trouble thinking we will last the distance but we are certainly now in a time where single mistakes, or enforced changes and tweaks to systems could hurt us massively. So happy to have him in, so at least a injury or loss of form to MacDonald doesn't mean shuffling 7 other players about to accommodate.
Completely agree. It was a weakness I pointed out earlier in the season. Macdonald has been fit enough to play all bar 1/2? games though. Its quite remarkable considering his pt status. He really has been an excellent signing for us.

With falkirk picking up it will still be a fairly big ask but having seen what thistle are like, even if we finish in the playoffs I'm quietly confident we have a very good chance of promotion one way or another.