The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, RRFC2000 said:

The point is in Germany everyone’s not a a snowflake, this discussion is the most tin pot thing I have ever read, this might be the first time in the last decade that we have had a consistent atmosphere home and away and everyone here is calling for everyone promotion that atmosphere to be banned for setting off a flare and people falling over chairs, it’s ludicrous.

Fireworks (and we can debate whether or not a flare or smokebomb qualifies as one of these) are not permitted in Scottish football grounds. Whilst they get in now and then, there isn't really much you can argue about it if this is pointed out. Whether this is the right approach to take isn't really here nor there. I imagine this is not the case in Germany 

If events happen that cause a club financial loss (in this case some broken seats and an apparently blue-stained concourse), the club might be held liable for it. We cannot afford to be paying for these sorts of things. 

I don't really care about flares/smoke bombs as it happens but agree they shouldn't be let off in a concourse. However breaking seats is not acceptable at all and if individuals are going to cause the club financial loss, what are the club's options here? Do nothing and swallow the loss? Make the perpetrators pay for it? Banning them is regrettably the easiest option of them all and prevents recurrence from the same individuals. 

I would prefer we didn't ban people because, much like having to pay for damages, we can't really afford that either. However it isn't really much to ask that stadiums aren't vandalised; that isn't a mutually exclusive component of getting behind the team. Don't cause the club financial loss and no one will complain. 

I hope this is the last time this needs to be said. 

The point is in Germany everyone’s not a a snowflake, this discussion is the most tin pot thing I have ever read, this might be the first time in the last decade that we have had a consistent atmosphere home and away and everyone here is calling for everyone promotion that atmosphere to be banned for setting off a flare and people falling over chairs, it’s ludicrous.

Here’s an idea, how about we keep the singing but stop the flares?

That way we still have the atmosphere but we keep within the law and don’t get the club into trouble.

27 minutes ago, RRFC2000 said:

You are picking a strange hill to die on with your argument.

11.  The following articles MUST NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE GROUND prohibited weapons, knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. It is an offence punishable by law and Unacceptable Conduct for any person to enter or attempt to enter the Ground whilst in possession of any article which is a firework or any article or substance whose purpose or any part of its purpose is the emission of a flare for purposes of illuminating or signalling or the emission of smoke and/or gas and any person in possession of such articles will be refused entry to the Ground and if having entered, to expulsion from the ground and such other sanction as may be determined by the Club/Event Organiser and reported to the Police.

It is an offence punishable by law

http://www.raithrovers.net/ground-rules-regulations

Here’s an idea, how about we keep the singing but stop the flares?

That way we still have the atmosphere but we keep within the law and don’t get the club into trouble.

Since the section has been a thing 3 flares have been set off out of how many games? It’s not a regular occurrence, it’s such a tin pot thing to get angry about you don’t see any other club in Scotland’s whole
Fan base go into outrage the second a flare is set off apart from us somehow?

Since the section has been a thing 3 flares have been set off out of how many games? It’s not a regular occurrence, it’s such a tin pot thing to get angry about you don’t see any other club in Scotland’s whole

Relax, chief. Pretty much everyone has said what the guys are doing is great. I didn’t see any comments at all about the flares/seats until the club pointed out they have to pay for it. That’s the main issue.

Just don’t break seats and watch what you’re doing with the flares. It really is that simple.

You’re defeating your own argument here.

If flares are used so seldom, what’s the problem with not using them at all?

Singing massively helps (creates) the atmosphere - Keep doing it.

Setting off flares can bring a bit to the atmosphere but is technically illegal and can get the club in trouble- stop using them.

Breaking shit does nothing for the atmosphere. Stop it.

It’s not difficult. Unless you’re saying that you can’t create an atmosphere without being destructive?

You’re defeating your own argument here.

If flares are used so seldom, what’s the problem with not using them at all?

Singing massively helps (creates) the atmosphere - Keep doing it.

Setting off flares can bring a bit to the atmosphere but is technically illegal and can get the club in trouble- stop using them.

Breaking shit does nothing for the atmosphere. Stop it.

It’s not difficult. Unless you’re saying that you can’t create an atmosphere without being destructive?

The only way you will stop the flares is by banning the whole section.

People pointing out the grammar in a well-meaning statement from the young anes. 🤦🏻‍♂️

There's always going to be the odd dafty or two in big groups; the more sensible ones just need to police them a bit better and try to instill a pride in the club and it's/their reputation. 

The positives of the YT far outweigh the negatives. 

26 minutes ago, RRFC2000 said:

Talk about throwing out the baby with the bathwater. 🙄

I'm pretty sure they are illegal to bring into a football park in Scotland, so here's an idea what about if the Police actually did their job and arrested the folk with them? That'd stop this whole discussion.

f**k me.

We’re trying to help.

Try to stop being so defensive and take on board some advice from older, wiser heads who’ve been where you are and really, really want you guys to succeed at making our club a more enjoyable place to spend a Saturday afternoon.

1 hour ago, RRFC2000 said:

If any of you went to Germany to watch a game you would be in total outrage, 1 flare in the concourse and tears start pouring out, what would you do at a German game in all seriousness?

I was at the Olympiastadion two weeks ago and there wasn't a flare in sight. People were being searched for things like pyro on the way in too, so I think you're talking out your hoop.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

You are picking a strange hill to die on with your argument.

http://www.raithrovers.net/ground-rules-regulations

12. It is a criminal offence and UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT for any person to enter or attempt to enter the Ground: 1 whilst in possession of a container or any other item which is or was capable of holding liquid or any other thing and which, if thrown, would be capable of causing injury to another person; 2 whilst in possession of alcohol; and/or Whilst Drunk

Dont think I,ve ever seen anyone at hospitality not drunk

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, RRFC2000 said:

If any of you went to Germany to watch a game you would be in total outrage, 1 flare in the concourse and tears start pouring out, what would you do at a German game in all seriousness?

Well, yeah, smoke in an enclosed space is liable to cause tears.

As for the Germany argument, I've been to a half dozen games over there, mostly St Pauli in Hamburg and while the fans tend to be very loud and very engaged they also self police quite ruthlessly. In the stadium nothing ever gets out of hand, no one ever steps out of line. They are choreographed by lads hanging off the crush barrier with megaphones. It's actually very regimented.

Your group has the ability to stop flares, and other behaviours that bring negative focus on yourselves and the club. What you've got here is the difficult situation of whether you want to be a bunch of mates with no responsibility beyond your own personal conduct or be an actual fans group which gives you a certain amount of clout, makes it easier to sustain and grow and organise but also comes with a group responsibility to uphold a minimum level of conduct.

There is no point dying on a hill about flares and broken seats, neither is is going to win you friends in the support or the club, neither, surely is the difference for you between a good day out or not.