The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’m ready for the usual meltdoons about ridiculous behaviour, the danger of flares and the cost of replacing damaged seats but asthmatic children pishing their breeks in the South Stand has certainly got me.

Guys aged 70+ or mums waiting in the pie queue then. Why should anyone wade through that nonsense in a concourse at a football ground?

Really don’t see what the laughing matter is surrounding my boy who loves going to games but would be terrified confronted with a wall of smoke inside the stand. Just nip it in the bud now before someone gets hurt or something serious occurs.

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I've never stewarded a game, but how do you think it would've went down if the stewards had went in and started ejecting fans? Absolutely not worth there bother and putting themselves at risk. 

As it is I'm sure they have passed up what happened, Cctv has been looked at by both clubs and its been accepted it wasn't "heat of the moment", hence why Raith have been forced to release a statement on it.  The levels of whataboutery would make the old firm blush with some of these posts.

Singing and making an atmosphere-Top tier banter. 

Willfuly damaging other teams stadiums-Arsehole behaviour more aligned to the old firm fans, get rid. 

Christ. 

Found the brains behind the South stand boys statement. 

They should stick to good clean fun - the Dunfermline way - like tipping cars over and frightening old ladies. Maybe paint their bedsheets and walk along the High Street.

It seems to me that the folk who want to tell the young team how to behave are folk who, in all likelihood, sit in virtual silence at games. The same ones who mention it’s nice to have some atmosphere for a change. If the young team behave like us, then we’ll go back to sitting in silence with only the odd boo to break it. 

If they are breaking seats on purpose then that’s not good behaviour, but it wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the plastic seats at grounds are well past their sell by date. The ones in our North and South Stands have been open to the elements for 25 years. What is the life expectancy of these seats?*

*less than 90 minutes if our young team are in the stand.

Edited by Scary Bear

46 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

They should stick to good clean fun - the Dunfermline way - like tipping cars over and frightening old ladies. Maybe paint their bedsheets and walk along the High Street.

It seems to me that the folk who want to tell the young team how to behave are folk who, in all likelihood, sit in virtual silence at games. The same ones who mention it’s nice to have some atmosphere for a change. If the young team behave like us, then we’ll go back to sitting in silence with only the odd boo to break it. 

If they are breaking seats on purpose then that’s not good behaviour, but it wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the plastic seats at grounds are well past their sell by date. The ones in our North and South Stands have been open to the elements for 25 years. What is the life expectancy of these seats?*

*less than 90 minutes if our young team are in the stand.

Letting smoke bombs off indoors, invading the pitch and breaking seats are not allowed. Just take the criticism & sort yourselves out, instead of trying to deflect it. Classic OF whataboutery on show here, thought Raith were above all that.

It’s all about educating the Young Team, and ensuring they know the “Do’s & Don’ts”, most of which is common sense but that’s out the window when your 16-18 & pished!

They’ve been excellent. However, reportedly broken seats at Falkirk, Livi & Partick, is no accident, that’s a reoccurring theme of vandalism (just stop breaking seats!) - that’s not to say accidents don’t happen.

For the Pyro, I personally think it’s brilliant, however there is very much a time & a place for it, and enclosed spaces such as a concourse is not the place for it, it could have set a smoke alarm off and had Friday’s game abandoned, just a wee bit embarrassing...!

Just don’t be stupid. And keep yourselves right. With the group getting as big as it is, some of you will need to step up and police your pals/area, and call out the folks that are doing the stupid stuff. Saves the Club sticking out Statements, leave that to the vile pair in Glasgow.

Personally I'm loving this new atmosphere at games when these boys are making a noise. There always has been far too many moaners in the Raith support, folks that seem to want to sit in silence and the only noise you'll generally hear from them is when they are being vocal about negative aspects or (my favourite) lambasting the team for playing it out from the back "get it up the park!" you hear, yet these are the self same supporters that were decrying the "hoof ball" tactics of last season. I'd love to see how these tactical geniuses would get on if they were season ticket holders at the Nou Camp, but that's another matter.

To be fair though this current situation is not all one sided, the "Young team" are playing their part well in some aspects but to continue to do so they have to self police. The Tartan Army enjoys an earned reputation as a hard drinking but generally well behaved lot. Many of the guys are proud to be seen to be non hooligans,  I've even seen a few examples of self policing in action where guys not behaving have been taken aside and told what was what. 

The club needs support, we need bigger numbers and with greater numbers will come controversy (there's always a few). Some of what comes have to be accepted as a consequence but there has to be some balance. From their Twitter statement it seems the SSB  recognise what is ok and what is not, the question is whether they can better control things going forward.

A 16 year old pal of my youngest was in amongst it all at Firhill and said he couldn't understand the grief, he was of the opinion "standing on chairs, singing and the odd smoke bomb is only banter" This is a classic example of the inexperience of youth who cant see that the the bigger picture.  Rovers with only 1 home game in Feb Rovers have a serious cash flow crisis and as a result can ill afford to have £1000 or even £500 for repairs docked off the £5,500ish that could be our share of the gate.

Don't let the nay sayers get you down too much but all the same sort it out guys , you're mostly a sound bunch and everyone can see that you are making a difference for the better on a match day.

End of the day its common sense not to take a fucking flare to the game especially when some fanny launched one on the pitch last year.

If this sort of stuff continues the club are going to get fines they can ill afford and potentially worse.

By the sounds if it our away support are starting to get a name for themselves with alleged damage at 3 grounds now everyone will suffer for it with other sides putting restrictions on.

We don't play in Germany, so I don't see what point you're trying to make here. 

The point is in Germany everyone’s not a a snowflake, this discussion is the most tin pot thing I have ever read, this might be the first time in the last decade that we have had a consistent atmosphere home and away and everyone here is calling for everyone promotion that atmosphere to be banned for setting off a flare and people falling over chairs, it’s ludicrous.

2 minutes ago, RRFC2000 said:

The point is in Germany everyone’s not a a snowflake, this discussion is the most tin pot thing I have ever read, this might be the first time in the last decade that we have had a consistent atmosphere home and away and everyone here is calling for everyone promotion that atmosphere to be banned for setting off a flare and people falling over chairs, it’s ludicrous.

Your argument is constructed very poorly but i also think there has been to many lines typed about this already. Some mistakes have been made true mark of any person/people is learning from them now lets get back to talking about fitba'.

I'm predicting another mad one against Clyde defo with both tams to score possibly a 4-2 kind of match.