The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Frank conner said:
Why didn't the stewards intervene considering they were standing right in front of them.They are just young lads who are getting over excited especially when a few drinks have been had someone at the club should have another word before they really do cross the line.

Pretty much agree but they've obviously crossed the line if the club are having to fork out for damages. We're making heavy losses and that is just added expense. There doesn't appear to be any malice in the young teams actions and by n large they have been excellent though so a quiet word about it would have been a better course of action with this imo.

Is there a rule that we have to pay? Isn’t it up to Partick Thistle to properly steward the game? Sounds like an easy way to get your broken seats fixed free of charge. I’d want proof.

Do we get paid for all our broken seats? If so, why are there hundreds of missing seats in the North Stand?

Is there a rule that we have to pay? Isn’t it up to Partick Thistle to properly steward the game? Sounds like an easy way to get your broken seats fixed free of charge. I’d want proof.
Do we get paid for all our broken seats? If so, why are there hundreds of missing seats in the North Stand?
Not sure on rules but it will be criminal damage should there be evidence of them being broken by our fans. Our seats have been broken by players hitting shots into the south stand for the most part and have been replaced by macdermaid stand seats instead of buying new ones because we're skint.

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:
21 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Not sure on rules but it will be criminal damage should there be evidence of them being broken by our fans. Our seats have been broken by players hitting shots into the south stand for the most part and have been replaced by macdermaid stand seats instead of buying new ones because we're skint.

Even if there was proof, those are private individuals. I’d say away and chase them for the money.

Even if there was proof, those are private individuals. I’d say away and chase them for the money.
Aye I'd agree with that. There's bound to be some rule involved for it to have been made an issue of by several clubs though. It does put our support in a bad light aswell though which hasn't really happened too much in the past few years.

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:
27 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Aye I'd agree with that. There's bound to be some rule involved for it to have been made an issue of by several clubs though. It does put our support in a bad light aswell though which hasn't really happened too much in the past few years.

The clubs couldn’t be bothered with Strict Liability so it surprises me that they are all happy to pay clubs for broken seats.

Can’t say I’ve seen a greater number of grammatical errors in my life but at least the young ones are coming out to condemn this, shows that not all of them are bad. Again I’ve no issue with the boys but when it comes to the club footing any bills for damage that’s when it goes too far, we all support the club and want to really go back to where we feel we can be and this can’t happen if money is continually paid out in fines or damages.

Still don’t understand how fans can call for all involved to be banned, this will just lead to them finding another team to support and everyone sitting in silence once again, all over a smoke bomb and what may could be accidental breaking of seats. Unbelievable

I had heard that some of the seats were broken while they ran onto the pitch for Hendry’s goal, this would probably suggest it was an accident in the heat of the moment.

I had heard that some of the seats were broken while they ran onto the pitch for Hendry’s goal, this would probably suggest it was an accident in the heat of the moment.

Excactly, and since there were so many people in such a tight space it wouldn’t be a surprise if that were the case and in my opinion has no warrant for a ban

Fair enough if it was an accident. No harm done with it having been deleted now.

True, just think the young boys shouldn’t be given all the praise in the world for 24 hours after the game then have their heads called for after a statement from the club, I don’t think a ban is necessary as they do a world of good for the club

True, just think the young boys shouldn’t be given all the praise in the world for 24 hours after the game then have their heads called for after a statement from the club, I don’t think a ban is necessary as they do a world of good for the club
I can only assume the club have only received this information today with it being the first "working" day of the week and have subsequently acted on it. There have been fans who have brought issues up and been met with similar abuse in the past which the club hasn't spoken on though. There is obviously an element of our fans who are taking things too far but most would agree they are doing good for the most part. Hopefully they can take this under consideration and that they will continue to keep coming and get the plaudits they have deserved for the good things they are doing. We all want to enjoy going to the football. That should be without homophobic comments, racism or general vandalism. I don't personally see the need for smoke bombs either but if they are to be used, then using them in an enclosed area like happened at firhill is irresponsible due to the health issues it poses. Especially when there are children around.

Agreed. Hopefully the young lads take on board some of the comments though re smoke bombs and be a bit savvy about where they set them off. What would be a decent idea is for the YT to organise a huge march for the final holding their smoke bombs in the air singing their songs on route to the stadium with flags and banners and then at least they’ve had a chance to use them rather than set them off in the ground. I for one hope they continue to grow as a group and enjoy themselves without anything that’s going to find themselves or the club in trouble.

5 hours ago, Frank conner said:

Why didn't the stewards intervene considering they were standing right in front of them.

I've never stewarded a game, but how do you think it would've went down if the stewards had went in and started ejecting fans? Absolutely not worth there bother and putting themselves at risk. 

As it is I'm sure they have passed up what happened, Cctv has been looked at by both clubs and its been accepted it wasn't "heat of the moment", hence why Raith have been forced to release a statement on it.  The levels of whataboutery would make the old firm blush with some of these posts.

Singing and making an atmosphere-Top tier banter. 

Willfuly damaging other teams stadiums-Arsehole behaviour more aligned to the old firm fans, get rid. 

5 hours ago, buchan30 said:

IMG_8346.jpg

Christ. 

1 hour ago, roarytheraver said:

Must of been an accident 

Found the brains behind the South stand boys statement. 

Edited by Grant228