The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

ICT looked pretty poor today but they've already beaten us comfortably this season and have the likes of Keatings and White who have been thorns in our side previously.

On the other hand, their centre half pairing today was Toshney and McHattie.

I believe the joke second booking he got for a non-dive rules Keatings out of the final. 

We are in with a chance if the McHattie/Toshney dreamteam is still on the go. 

Edited by Michael W

It’s a shame that it’s come to this. We’re not a club that can really afford to be banning fans. I wouldn’t want a situation where one or two are banned and all their pals decide to piss off. Clearly though a few individuals took things a bit too far at the Partick game and as the club are the ones footing the bill I totally get the stance taken.

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It’s a shame that it’s come to this. We’re not a club that can really afford to be banning fans. I wouldn’t want a situation where one or two are banned and all their pals decide to piss off. Clearly though a few individuals took things a bit too far at the Partick game and as the club are the ones footing the bill I totally get the stance taken.

Pretty much this. 

Can't afford to be banning people as you say, but equally we can't afford to be paying for totally avoidable seat repairs. 

I hope this is the last time the club has to put out such a statement. 

I really enjoy the atmosphere the YT bring to games and it has certainly helped us on the park.

But I really shouldn’t be worrying about taking my asthmatic son to the toilet at half-time due to some imbeciles letting off smoke bombs inside the concourse just to film themselves for social media. Just sing at full voice and bounce around like dafties - but don’t put others needlessly at risk for a few ‘likes’.

It’s fine folks, we are happy just to all go back and sit where we used to sit and let starks park revert back to the funeral it has always been, same
For away games, what is the point in trying provide an atmosphere for supporters that would clearly rather sit and shout at the team for missed passes etc, revert back to how it’s been for the last 3 seasons, unbelievably always seams to be the old bitter 45-elderly age group that seam to have a problem with everything on and off the park.

When you get a large group of 60/70 young guys together at the football unfortunately theres a minority who want to act like billy big baws.I,ve been one who has sung their praises for the backing and atmosphere they,ve brought to our games but theres no need for damaging seats etc .Continue to back the team vocally,enjoy yourself but cut out the fukin vandalism

It’s daft that when folk are called out for vandalism there are those who automatically say, “well do you want to go back to sitting on your hands with no atmosphere?”. Those aren’t the only two options available, here.

I’ve absolutely loved the singing at the games and the atmosphere returning, but that doesn’t automatically mean you need to accept smashing seats. There is a, very obvious, far better and more acceptable middle ground.

Boys, I think you’re excellent. I’ve stood with you at loads of away games, been on the same trains and walks to the ground. It’s been a total breath of fresh air and it’s the most I’ve enjoyed going to the games in a decade.

Just stop breaking seats?

Maybe we should get Jim Traynor involved. He’d blame the sub-standard seating at Firhill.

I can see why seats could accidentally get damaged when everyone is bouncing around. 

Smoke bombs look excellent so I can see why the young team like them.

Maybe we should get Jim Traynor involved. He’d blame the sub-standard seating at Firhill. I can see why seats could accidentally get damaged when everyone is bouncing around. 

Smoke bombs look excellent so I can see why the young team like them.

Agree with this in that the smoke bombs add an extra bit of something you can’t get just from singing, however, perhaps the concourse enclosed space wasn’t a great idea. I’ve seen the video of the h*ns away at Hearts having a decent sing song with no need for these.