The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not been a huge fan of this competition especially after the involvement of the colts and after we've won it the best way possible already.

However, look how much it means to the players. Some may say it's small time, but this team just wants to win things. 

Regardless what happens this season, we finally have a team who show passion. Atmosphere was fantastic last night and whilst they have their moments, we have a group of young lads who are now passionate about following the Rovers. 

Hendry is far too good for us. To have him on a two year deal is wild, but he also absolutely fucking loves the Rovers. Great to see. 

Long way to go this season, but for the first time in f**k knows how long it actually feels like we are all in it together. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Watched Raith last night and if we win this league we are going to have to earn it you ain’t going to give it away. Young legs at full back and in the midfield with a couple of old heads up front supported by a very promising youngster. Centre defence and the keeper the weakest part of the team but certainly capable in league one. Don’t see us catching you TBH.

Will all come down to the next game between us tbh. I think whoever leaves that game top will win it. Long way to go yet. 

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Not been a huge fan of this competition especially after the involvement of the colts and after we've won it the best way possible already.

However, look how much it means to the players. Some may say it's small time, but this team just wants to win things. 

Regardless what happens this season, we finally have a team who show passion. Atmosphere was fantastic last night and whilst they have their moments, we have a group of young lads who are now passionate about following the Rovers. 

Hendry is far too good for us. To have him on a two year deal is wild, but he also absolutely fucking loves the Rovers. Great to see. 

Long way to go this season, but for the first time in f**k knows how long it actually feels like we are all in it together. 

Totally agree. Hendry running 80/90 yards after his goal to celebrate with the fans just about sums up the change in this side compared to the last few years. For three years we have had 11 individuals out on the pitch with a lot not really caring about the club other than picking up a wage. A lot of players that passed through the last 3 years I have actively disliked.

We now have a proper team who look like they genuinely care and give their all for the club. They still have their flaws and the quality might not always be there but for the first time since McKinnon left it feels like we have a full squad that care as much about each result as the fans. 

It certainly gives us confidence we can compete, although Partick were down a few players tonight who were cup-tied.
They are also sh1te don't forget.

Congratulations on getting through to the final. If you beat Inverness then enjoy the win.......Rangers Colts? No not having that. That'll make it meaningless I'm afraid.

Congratulations on getting through to the final. If you beat Inverness then enjoy the win.......Rangers Colts? No not having that. That'll make it meaningless I'm afraid.

Might be meaningless but if we end up putting 5 or 6 past them in a national cup final live on TV, don’t tell me that the country won’t care. Everybody will be hysterical.

Regardless of the end result of the season, John McGlynn and the team have been superb and have shown a huge amount of character throughout. Ideally I would love for us to win the league, but if get into the playoffs and it ends up with us v Partick then I'll shove on a big bet for us to win!!!

Aye it’s a difficult one no one really would be bothered if we lose the final unless it’s to a Colt team and especially Rangers, hopefully it’ll be Inverness and we can all enjoy a wee day out in Perth a few beers and some friendly banter win or lose. If it’s the Colts I hope we stick a cricket score past them, it’s embarrassing they’ve got to the Semi final.

This squad, man. Been a long, long time since I’ve loved a team as much as I love this one.

Does seem to be a good atmosphere at the club in general from top to bottom. Playing as a team, fans getting right behind them financially and vocally. Lads like Hendry and Armstrong happy to come back even though they will have had better offers. Only time will tell if we can win the league or get promoted but going to games is more enjoyable than it’s been in a while.

I actually don’t think we played that well and players like Hendry and Bowie had poor games than what we’re used to seeing imo. But hey ho, cup final is on my birthday weekend so should be a good sesh.
I thought Hendry played well apart from that horrendous pass near the end that almost cost us a goal.

The last cup final was on my birthday. It was quite a day.

Might be meaningless but if we end up putting 5 or 6 past them in a national cup final live on TV, don’t tell me that the country won’t care. Everybody will be hysterical.
Aye right enough. That would be funny.

Smoke bombs indoors isn't clever by the way