The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think I can (kind of) see the point you are trying to make. I wouldn’t know but I can make an educated guess Falkirk’s budget is bigger given the fan base, the players signed and the fact it’s your first season down, not having to do the same cost cutting we have done. Also you are completely full time.
You don’t need to know teams exact budget to make an educated guess on where it ranks in comparison to others. I don’t know Celtics budget but I can safely state it is the biggest in the country. 

I have a good idea (educated guess) at the size of our budget and I am not sure it is as big as some think. I would have no idea what the Raith one is but considering you have 6/7 more players it will be closer to ours than we probably all think.

37 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have a good idea (educated guess) at the size of our budget and I am not sure it is as big as some think. I would have no idea what the Raith one is but considering you have 6/7 more players it will be closer to ours than we probably all think.

Certainly the budgets from now to the end of the season may be closer than they were previously with us signing MacLean (although that will be offset by Anderson and Gullan returning to their parent clubs) and you lot paying off Tidser and Bell but you appear to have resigned Mutch, Longridge and McManus on improved terms as well as beating Championship sides to the signing of Todd. 

We may have 6 or 7 players more but that number includes 8 players under the age of 21 (including 4 players under 18), most of whom are through our own youth team on smaller wages as well as a 39 year old part time player/coach. If you go through where we both signed our players from its night and day. Whilst nearly all your team was signed from a division or two above I think the only player we faced any full time competition to sign in the summer was Hendry and possibly Dan Armstrong. The rest were picked up from other part time sides. 

Falkirk average more than double our crowds and are completely full time, I would be stunned if their budget wasn’t significantly higher than ours and so it should be, they have far more income. You’re entitled to your opinion though, even if I don’t agree with it. Ultimately nobody knows for absolutely certain so I won’t take up any more of this thread with tedious budget chat.

30 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Anyone have any idea which Dan Armstrong is the real one?
The one who was fucking immense for us last season or the one who disappears every time he comes on the pitch this season?

Mad that he can't get into the team ahead of a 17 year old. Can only imagine he's still getting his fitness back after this injury. 

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Well done Rovers. I'll be rooting for you in the final no matter which one you play.

Yea, and we'll need to win to try to make-up for having to push the Airdrie home match to a Tuesday night.

Edited by TxRover

Really hoping for an Inverness win now, Rangers Colts would be shite.

We obviously got Partick Thistle at a good time in terms of their current form but it was a great win and performance. For me that confirmed what we already know, we are roughly about 1000 times better than last year’s side. Hopefully we can kick on and win the league but even if we don’t, assuming we get a break with injuries, the play offs aren’t the lost cause they have been for us in the past.

We obviously got Partick Thistle at a good time in terms of their current form but it was a great win and performance. For me that confirmed what we already know, we are roughly about 1000 times better than last year’s side. Hopefully we can kick on and win the league but even if we don’t, assuming we get a break with injuries, the play offs aren’t the lost cause they have been for us in the past.
It certainly gives us confidence we can compete, although Partick were down a few players tonight who were cup-tied.

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:
4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

It certainly gives us confidence we can compete, although Partick were down a few players tonight who were cup-tied.

Absolutely, the likes of Brownlie and Rudden would have made a huge difference to them and we did still ride our luck at times near the end.

However, the gap between ourselves and Queens was pretty big last year. I don’t think that’ll be the case if we end up in the play offs again this season. That’s not to say I’d be overly confident if we were in the play offs or expect us to win, just that I think we have closed the gap to that level in the last year and I don’t think it’s league or bust in terms of our promotion chances.

Absolutely, the likes of Brownlie and Rudden would have made a huge difference to them and we did still ride our luck at times near the end.
However, the gap between ourselves and Queens was pretty big last year. I don’t think that’ll be the case if we end up in the play offs again this season. That’s not to say I’d be overly confident if we were in the play offs or expect us to win, just that I think we have closed the gap to that level in the last year and I don’t think it’s league or bust in terms of our promotion chances.
Totally agree. My fear tonight was that Partick would brush us aside just like Queens did last season. We more than matched them which has to give the team a bit extra belief for the rest of the season.

Watched Raith last night and if we win this league we are going to have to earn it you ain’t going to give it away. Young legs at full back and in the midfield with a couple of old heads up front supported by a very promising youngster. Centre defence and the keeper the weakest part of the team but certainly capable in league one. Don’t see us catching you TBH.