The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

800+ at Livingston, 500+ at Partick for a televised Friday night kick off.

We must be the team every chairman wants a home cup tie with.

Our % of how much of our home gate we take is always very good. Ayr are another club I’ve noticed with this. If you do % of home gate there are a fair few clubs whose away attendances are quite poor in comparison. 

I’m not going to hope or wish for another team to have injuries or suspensions, however, it is tight. The Falkirk thread doesn’t know what to make of it either. They already have 4 loans in, so if (as they say) the international loans are closed too, they are locked in.

I am, I’m quite happy to capitalise on another team’s misfortune [emoji23]

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

I am, I’m quite happy to capitalise on another team’s misfortune emoji23.png

I understand, but given our travails with injury and the sheer moral iffiness of wishing injuries on someone over a sport, I can’t hope for this injuries. Suspensions, maybe, but we’re on pretty poor moral ground there too.

11 hours ago, steakngravy said:

If anyone is interested Zico and his wife were involved in a crash with an articulated lorry yesterdat. The lorry came through a red light and caught the front passenger side of the car it also didn't stop. Luckily enough no one was seriously injured. He managed to get the lorries licence number and the police are now involved.

You are Zico ya sad fanny. Think most of us get that.

Now that you've been banned from Fannytalk I guess we'll be seeing more of you on here?

On 12/02/2020 at 10:55, steakngravy said:

If anyone is interested Zico and his wife were involved in a crash with an articulated lorry yesterdat. The lorry came through a red light and caught the front passenger side of the car it also didn't stop. Luckily enough no one was seriously injured. He managed to get the lorries licence number and the police are now involved.

Hope his wife is okay

Just been to get tickets for tomorrow’s game, no longer in the Colin weir stand, can’t remember what stand we are now in but it will not be allocated seating

How does that work? I thought the young team had an allocated section for doing some sort of display. Seems bizarre to change it.

EDIT - And just as I post the above, the Rovers twitter are all over the relocation of Away fans

On 12/02/2020 at 10:55, steakngravy said:

Don’t really think the barstewards on here needed to know m8. Thankfully me and the missus are okay barring a few bruises

On 12/02/2020 at 18:12, San Starko Rover said:

Well hopefully they pick up some suspensions and injuries, seems an extremely tight squad for the team with a budget that should double everyone else’s by their season ticket sales, any reason they’re doing this? Are they paying debts off or just going for quality over quantity?

We went from having not enough players, then plenty, now back to not enough. Partly because McKinnon signed some duffers and it's cost us to pay them off, some are out on loan in Leitch and Johnstone, we wasted a loan on Moore from Hearts who hardly featured and let Bell go to be replaced by another loan. So we have maxed out our Scottish loans on Moore, McManus, Ferrie, McMillan and Di Vita. We let go Toshney, Tidser, Bell, MacLean, three out on loan, brought in Hall, Todd, Di Vita on loan, Ferrie on loan and extended Miller, Longridge , McManus loan, gave a new deal to young Laverty who is out on loan a new deal to Lietch who is out on loan and Gomis has just signed another years deal. So seven out and four in. It's no wonder one of our co managers is listed as a sub. 

I wouldn’t know figures but we are in our third season of cut backs at this level and have moved to a hybrid system with a squad heavily based on younger players. We will be substantially less than Falkirk but I’d be surprised if we didn’t have comfortably the second biggest budget in the league, even allowing for Airdrie running a similar hybrid system.

What is the size of Falkirk’s budget?

36 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What is the size of Falkirk’s budget?

I think I can (kind of) see the point you are trying to make. I wouldn’t know but I can make an educated guess Falkirk’s budget is bigger given the fan base, the players signed and the fact it’s your first season down, not having to do the same cost cutting we have done. Also you are completely full time.

You don’t need to know teams exact budget to make an educated guess on where it ranks in comparison to others. I don’t know Celtics budget but I can safely state it is the biggest in the country.