The New Raith Rovers Thread

There’s a pretty realistic scenario that we could finish 2nd to Falkirk and then lose to Partick Thistle in the play offs. It would be extremely disappointing but I don’t see how it could be regarded as a ‘failure’ given the respective budgets of the sides we would be facing. 
Last season was a failure for many reasons. I don’t really blame McGlynn for too many of those but I can understand why some do. However, this season we were always going to be up against it facing a Falkirk side with a far superior budget. Obviously the position we are in now we should be looking to win it but I think most Rovers fans would have taken a strong 2nd place and running Falkirk close at the start of the season given their signings and budget. The play offs are then a little bit of a lottery although we were close last year with a poor side.
We are a far better team than last year, play some excellent football, have consistently one of the youngest sides in the league, developed our own youth players and sit top of the League, in the Challenge Cup semi final and were 15 minutes from eliminating the 5th best team in the country in their own back yard in the Scottish Cup. You are right there are still 3 months to go and if we were to collapse to 4th/5th JM would right be in trouble but surely even you can concede he has done an excellent job so far this season?

What is the size of the Raith budget?

51 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What is the size of the Raith budget?

I wouldn’t know figures but we are in our third season of cut backs at this level and have moved to a hybrid system with a squad heavily based on younger players. We will be substantially less than Falkirk but I’d be surprised if we didn’t have comfortably the second biggest budget in the league, even allowing for Airdrie running a similar hybrid system.

If anyone is interested Zico and his wife were involved in a crash with an articulated lorry yesterdat. The lorry came through a red light and caught the front passenger side of the car it also didn't stop. Luckily enough no one was seriously injured. He managed to get the lorries licence number and the police are now involved.

If anyone is interested Zico and his wife were involved in a crash with an articulated lorry yesterdat. The lorry came through a red light and caught the front passenger side of the car it also didn't stop. Luckily enough no one was seriously injured. He managed to get the lorries licence number and the police are now involved.

2 hours ago, steakngravy said:

For it to happen once is unfortunate, to happen 3 times is careless

Meanwhile the police found Zico to be highly over the limit and was not only banned from FanTalk but from driving as well.

BTW, looks like Falkirk will make the run to the wire with only 18 players. Could bode well for us with little room for any cards or injuries over there.

Well hopefully they pick up some suspensions and injuries, seems an extremely tight squad for the team with a budget that should double everyone else’s by their season ticket sales, any reason they’re doing this? Are they paying debts off or just going for quality over quantity?

15 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Well hopefully they pick up some suspensions and injuries, seems an extremely tight squad for the team with a budget that should double everyone else’s by their season ticket sales, any reason they’re doing this? Are they paying debts off or just going for quality over quantity?

I’m not going to hope or wish for another team to have injuries or suspensions, however, it is tight. The Falkirk thread doesn’t know what to make of it either. They already have 4 loans in, so if (as they say) the international loans are closed too, they are locked in.

7 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Banned from Fantalk and now this. What’ll the third thing be?

As it goes, I was also nearly in a collision with a lorry recently at the Redhouse Roundabout. Shocking driving by the lorry driver, who pulled out while I was going round the roundabout, then headed towards Thornton wondering why people were peeping their horns.