The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 hours ago, pub car king said:

In essence we struggle away to shite teams. It's a tough one to fix, however we used to struggle against all teams away so let's build on that.

9 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

Probably because we’re shite away to Peterhead and Stranraer? 

Blindingly obvious when you say that, but we are 0-1-3 on natural grass this year, in League One. And two of our remaining 12 games are on grass! Last win I can find on natural grass was vs. Burntisland, in August.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Blindingly obvious when you say that, but we are 0-1-3 on natural grass this year, in League One. And two of our remaining 12 games are on grass! Last win I can find on natural grass was vs. Burntisland, in August.

I think that may be off slightly as we won at Dumbarton 1-0 on the opening day. Then beat off stranraer, beat off p'heed, draw with Stranraer. So 1-1-2 on grass. 2 games to go back at Dumbarton and P'heed

On 09/02/2020 at 13:20, R.R.FC said:

Thanks mate. If applied to the rest of the games we would end up on 69/70 points. Thankfully only 5 of our 12 remaining games are away from home. 

Thanks for that.

I would be optimistic, going forward,that since we are currently fielding the strongest team we've been able to all season the points ratio will actually improve across the board.

Falkirk have to face both East Fife and Montrose this month, so let's hope we can draw away from FFC and the pack!

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I think that may be off slightly as we won at Dumbarton 1-0 on the opening day. Then beat off stranraer, beat off p'heed, draw with Stranraer. So 1-1-2 on grass. 2 games to go back at Dumbarton and P'heed

Yep, read the score line wrong. OK, August 3rd then.

Course, given the U.S. meaning of “beat off”, I’m currently rolling on the floor...

Edited by TxRover

18 hours ago, pub car king said:

In essence we struggle away to shite teams. It's a tough one to fix, however we used to struggle against all teams away so let's build on that.

You must be shit as well if the shoe was on the other foot the penalty would have been a stonewaller and even a idiot would have seen that it was your goalie that was doing the pushing at disallowed goal, Stranraer robbed again.