The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not too fussed about Nisbet in all honesty. He didn't want to be at the club after the summer and it's unfortunate that it's our rivals who will cash in but ultimately it's a short career and everyone has to look after themsevles.  I'm far more upbeat about the fact we've agreed the largest fee since the turn of the millenium for a 17 year old and still have another exceptionally talented 18 year old getting first team experience. I'm hoping we're at the start of McGlynn utilising his experience and the Fife Elite to bring in the best young players possible. So far, the signs are good.

Arbroath and Alloa won't be at Championship level forever. We've been unfortunate over the last few seasons but we're absolutely heading in the right direct on the little things. 

Ignore all this if we ARE playing this Saturday, but my calendar says we aren’t...
Falkirk lose to East Fife on the 18th, we’ve then got Clyde on the Saturday, we’re then 7 points clear if Falkirk lose to Montrose on that same day. Few weeks later, if we beat Falkirk at home on the Tuesday..
Wild imagination I’ve got.

18 minutes ago, RaithTheRover said:

Ignore all this if we ARE playing this Saturday, but my calendar says we aren’t...
Falkirk lose to East Fife on the 18th, we’ve then got Clyde on the Saturday, we’re then 7 points clear if Falkirk lose to Montrose on that same day. Few weeks later, if we beat Falkirk at home on the Tuesday..
Wild imagination I’ve got.

A little early to be that far into the bottle, eh?

5 years ago today, worth enjoying again for the 28172 th time [emoji7]

Don’t think I’ll ever get over missing that due to sitting in A&E. The amount of utter shit I’ve endured in my time following the club; being robbed of that doesn’t ever get any less painful.

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Don’t think I’ll ever get over missing that due to sitting in A&E. The amount of utter shit I’ve endured in my time following the club; being robbed of that doesn’t ever get any less painful.

Same. Due to pick up a ticket from someone outside the ground, due to a bad hangover and hellish traffic I arrived at 1505, with no sign of the guy. Retreated to a pub on Leith Walk where the game was met with utter apathy. An awful day to be quite honest, not even the result saved it.

Same. Due to pick up a ticket from someone outside the ground, due to a bad hangover and hellish traffic I arrived at 1505, with no sign of the guy. Retreated to a pub on Leith Walk where the game was met with utter apathy. An awful day to be quite honest, not even the result saved it.

You got from Govan to Edinburgh awfully quickly?

If its any consolation I missed Vaughan destroying the Pars due to my dad's birthday because my sister (who stays in the borders) insisted it had to be near her house. Watched the goals fly in via Twitter and missed all the scenes.

13 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

5 years ago today, worth enjoying again for the 28172 th time 😍

Great day out. We’d taken a few hammerings through at Ibrox so the Rovers away crowd was tiny that day. If I remember right, Fife’s Finest were also boycotting trips to Ibrox at the time because of the flag incident at a previous game. Rangers crowd was pretty pitiful too. 

Some pals laughed at us going through as it was on the telly, but I had this stupid belief we might just beat them one day and if I’d not gone through and missed when it happened then I’d be kicking myself forever. Great scenes at the final whistle when we won. 

image.png.728c48b983cd4243b35a8828c89f916a.png

image.png.0c07c5c60145d4883456aaf4450f9418.png

image.png.4b1653aa21807398933e94c8edbb23de.png

image.png.abe8e369388c86fb94bb7de1d8875a43.png

Updated version of a table I posted a couple of weeks ago. After the last few weeks our trend of picking up points against the best teams in the league but dropping them against the lower placed sides has continued. Interestingly our points per game is very consistent home and away against the better teams and at home to the bottom half sides. However, that points per game average drops off a cliff away to the bottom half teams. Something we desperately need to sort out in the last part of the season if we are to stand a chance of winning this league.

54 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Updated version of a table I posted a couple of weeks ago. After the last few weeks our trend of picking up points against the best teams in the league but dropping them against the lower placed sides has continued. Interestingly our points per game is very consistent home and away against the better teams and at home to the bottom half sides. However, that points per game average drops off a cliff away to the bottom half teams. Something we desperately need to sort out in the last part of the season if we are to stand a chance of winning this league.imageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729aimageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729a

Excellent statistical package. Send a copy tae John McGlynn!!

ETA.  iF YOU APPLY THE STATS TO OUR REMAINING GAMES WHAT MIGHT THE POINTS FINAL FIGURE BE?

Edited by Wee Sandy

13 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Excellent statistical package. Send a copy tae John McGlynn!!

ETA.  iF YOU APPLY THE STATS TO OUR REMAINING GAMES WHAT MIGHT THE POINTS FINAL FIGURE BE?

Thanks mate. If applied to the rest of the games we would end up on 69/70 points. Thankfully only 5 of our 12 remaining games are away from home. 

5 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Updated version of a table I posted a couple of weeks ago. After the last few weeks our trend of picking up points against the best teams in the league but dropping them against the lower placed sides has continued. Interestingly our points per game is very consistent home and away against the better teams and at home to the bottom half sides. However, that points per game average drops off a cliff away to the bottom half teams. Something we desperately need to sort out in the last part of the season if we are to stand a chance of winning this league.imageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729aimageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729a

Brilliant table, I dub thee RRFCStats! That particular set of tables shows exactly what stats and figures can do to make something blindingly clear...now if we could figure out why it falls off a cliff.