The New Raith Rovers Thread

“We have already made contact with their coaching staff and look forward to working closely with them in the next few months. This connection could help us both in the future. We wish everyone at Fulham good luck in their challenge to get back to the Premier League.” -JMcG

Keep an eye on Tait this summer or next year. This kind of a love-in seems unlikely without something else going on. If the stories are right, the add-ons might be significant if Ziggy can move on up.

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

“We have already made contact with their coaching staff and look forward to working closely with them in the next few months. This connection could help us both in the future. We wish everyone at Fulham good luck in their challenge to get back to the Premier League.” -JMcG

Keep an eye on Tait this summer or next year. This kind of a love-in seems unlikely without something else going on. If the stories are right, the add-ons might be significant if Ziggy can move on up.

Good Fulham loan players coming our way I hope

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Young lad Coulson signs after being offered similar terms by the Pars. 

Slowly but surely, McGlynn and Smith are making the club desireable again. Bowie going to Fulham can only help that. 

I think young players must look at our squad and see we've got a track record for it now. For years, we didn't really produce talent until McGlynn's first spell. Looking back now, we've given Vaughan, Callachan, Matthews, Laidlaw, McKay, Watson game time along with Bowie and Tait. He's not afraid to give them a chance if they're working hard enough. It must be encouraging to know they have that route which other clubs might not offer. 

More great news regarding the extension of Tait. He’s looked a real prospect. I think Brad Spencer has been excellent this season but Tait is rightly keeping him out the team just now which says it all.

Great to see the progress and attitude towards youth development from the club. Not only are they getting their opportunity but we are tying the promising players down and hopefully starting to get decent fees for them. A lot to be proud about with the club this season, regardless of whether we win the league or not, for the first time in 3 years it feels like we are heading in the right direction on and off the field. 

Everything is going too well, I suddenly have the fear for Saturday...

I think young players must look at our squad and see we've got a track record for it now. For years, we didn't really produce talent until McGlynn's first spell. Looking back now, we've given Vaughan, Callachan, Matthews, Laidlaw, McKay, Watson game time along with Bowie and Tait. He's not afraid to give them a chance if they're working hard enough. It must be encouraging to know they have that route which other clubs might not offer. 
Don't forget that ginger guy you gave to Rangers

24 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:
1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Don't forget that ginger guy you gave to Rangers

Completely forgot about him.

Completely forgot about him.

It seems crazy to say this about a player who's been capped by Scotland, but his career really hasn't gone anywhere since he left us. He got a real "played for Rangers/abroad" bounce that took him into the national team, but since he left the Rovers in 2016, he's only started 50 club matches.

Apart from an FA Cup run out in August, a couple of weeks after he signed, he hasn't kicked a ball for Sheffield Wednesday. He's only managed a place on the bench four times.

He's on loan from Hamburg where he's contracted until 2022, but I'm amazed the loan with Wednesday wasn't cancelled, at his request, for somewhere he can get more game time.

46 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Pars fan turns down Pars to sign For Rovers. Great stuff. 

Great news about probable future Fulham midfielder Dylan Tait as well. 

Probably increased the compensation with that contract signing too.

Given the accuracy of JMcG’s instincts on Tait and Bowie, I’m kind of interested to see what Mendy can do too. He might be a huge bust, but he played well for Kelty and has the physical tools...

On 03/02/2020 at 14:32, South Stand Dynamo said:

Sorry to change the subject, but would there be any interest in a new Rovers Supporters team joining the IFA? I know the GeordieMunrovers are no more, and what with our shiny new pitch available to hire we could possibly play games at the San Starko?

I would be very keen on hearing everyone's take on this.

I think this post may have been missed during the couple of days of inactivity on the thread, but I would still like to know what the general feeling would be about this? More hassle than it's worth or a possible earner for the club? Opposition team in after games for drinks at the 27/11 Lounge for example? 

I think this post may have been missed during the couple of days of inactivity on the thread, but I would still like to know what the general feeling would be about this? More hassle than it's worth or a possible earner for the club? Opposition team in after games for drinks at the 27/11 Lounge for example? 

Think it’s had it’s day, unfortunately. Most of the boys who played previously are either now too old, too injured or now play for other teams.

Club have done a fucking cracking deal there with Bowie.  Fair play indeed.  Sounds like Fulham are a great fit for the lad also. Any type of small relationship the club can forge with Fulham can only benefit us, no matter how small. 

Delighted for him. Lives one street away from where most of my family are from, so playing for the Rovers is the dream. Great move for him and hope he cracks on. 

Great news about Tait too. Lots to be positive about, confident we have the right people managing this club. 

Don’t know about that. Some of our fans are mental at times. I reckon after the next defeat the Facebook page will be full of folk wanting him out. That’s not to say that they’re not dribbling mentalists, right enough.

Viva John McGlynn. Long live the king.