The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, RaithTheRover said:

All his pals are at the pars nowadays.

Aye but he's looked at Bow Tait and Bowie and thought "f**k it! that's the future I want to be part of it! I'm off to the San Starko!"

Gullan doesn't make the bench again for Hibs. Must be frustrating to be recalled just to sit in the stand every week.

What’s the script with signing players in the lower leagues. I know we can sign free agents but can we still get loans too? It wouldn’t surprise me if we can, if Gullan is loaned out again. Perhaps to a championship club.

11 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

What’s the script with signing players in the lower leagues. I know we can sign free agents but can we still get loans too? It wouldn’t surprise me if we can, if Gullan is loaned out again. Perhaps to a championship club.

Loans available through at least 9 Feb, I believe...can’t find a later date, but I thought it was.

Pretty sure you can only play for two clubs in a season.
He came on as a sub for Hibs the other week did he not?
If so, the only club he could go to would be us.

22 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Pretty sure you can only play for two clubs in a season.
He came on as a sub for Hibs the other week did he not?
If so, the only club he could go to would be us.

Came on for Hibs against Motherwell for 12 minutes, as such he'd only be able to play for either Raith or Hibs this season. 

31 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I thought it was the end of February?

I was almost certain that it was anyway

I thought so too, but have seen Feb 9th bandied about and can’t find shite on the SFA website or rules.

Finally found it...end of February!

Extension Provision for Clubs Entitled to Participate in League 1 or League 2.

66 Notwithstanding Regulations 55(ii) and 55(iii), Clubs, for the time being entitled to participate in League 1 or in League 2, shall, subject to the conditions set out in Regulation 67, be entitled to Scottish FA Register and League Register a Player on the basis of a Temporary Transfer, during September and February in any Season.

67 The conditions applicable to a Temporary Transfer proceeding under and in terms of Regulation 66 are:

(i) all of the other provisions of these Regulations relating to Temporary Transfers, in particular, but without prejudice to the forgoing generality, Regulation 57, must be fully complied with;

(ii) the term of a Temporary Transfer beginning in either of the periods specified in Regulation 66 must not terminate earlier than the first day of the first Registration Period following the date of commencement of the Temporary Transfer of the Player and the date of expiry of the term of the Temporary Transfer must fall within a Registration Period; and

(iii) in the event that, during the course of a Season and during the term(s) of subsisting Temporary Transfers undertaken in terms of Regulations 66 and 67, by reason of and/or connected with intervention by football regulatory authorities the Board considers it necessary to prematurely terminate the extension arrangements for League 1 and/or League 2 Clubs provided for in these Regulations 66 and 67 and/or to terminate any Temporary Transfer permitted by Regulations 66 and 67 the League and/or Company shall suffer no claims or liabilities by or from any Clubs and/or Players which/who are or were parties to any such Temporary Transfer(s) and any and all such Clubs and/or Players waive and forever discharge any and all claims that each and/or any of them may in the future have against the League and/or Company as a consequence of, resulting from or in connection with, such premature termination of such Temporary Transfer(s) and/or any Registrations resulting therefrom or connected with same. and any transferor and transferee Club(s) and Scottish Football club concerned shall hold harmless and indemnify the league and Company in any claims which may in such circumstances be made against one or other or both of the League and/or Company.