The New Raith Rovers Thread

Like you SD,had never heard of a delayed transfer,took it to mean PCA but seemingly not.McGlynn explains the reasoning behind the delayed transfer in his interview and the crux is ,because its cross border and the age of the player theres time consuming paperwork for the buying club  required and there would be the same for us to loan him back

Also like you,would expect more caveats than a shake of the hand.

I assume that Fulham wanted him enough to offer the delay, and probably can’t pull out too easily. Perhaps the transfer fee is reduced from what might be paid in June, discounted for agreeing now with the delay? That way Fulham as assured if the player, who gets more experience (at the risk of injury) and Raith locks in the transfer but gets the player for the stretch run.

2 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Is not to do with his age and the transfer being across 2 associations ?

so he agrees to go but can’t officially sign till the summer when he is 6 months older 

His 18th is in September, so it seems unlikely that’s the case. But the paperwork becomes much less a factor and less pressing in June than January.

Be interesting to know what the story is re a bad injury. At least if hes on loan his contracts signed and sealed so it's not an issue with the player he knows hes got his contract whatever happens.  You dont want your player being frightened at getting injured in case it falls through or something. Would be interesting to know the ins and outs of the deal.

27 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Is not to do with his age and the transfer being across 2 associations ?

so he agrees to go but can’t officially sign till the summer when he is 6 months older 

Thats what I said

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Be interesting to know what the story is re a bad injury. At least if hes on loan his contracts signed and sealed so it's not an issue with the player he knows hes got his contract whatever happens.  You dont want your player being frightened at getting injured in case it falls through or something. Would be interesting to know the ins and outs of the deal.

Like to  think that any contract/deal signed would be water tight and include everything eg player be injured but it would be interesting to know the ins and outs of this deal if it actually goes ahead but expect undisclosed fee,sell on clause etc 

15 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Thats what I said

Like to  think that any contract/deal signed would be water tight and include everything eg player be injured but it would be interesting to know the ins and outs of this deal if it actually goes ahead but expect undisclosed fee,sell on clause etc 

Didnae read your second message 🤷‍♂️
apparently cash is in the bank 👍

Dunfermline rejected a bid of between £350k and £400k if this is to be believed.

You’d have thought that even an offer like that being made 6months after he left us would strengthen our case for compensation through the tribunal.

No official news from the Bowie transfer.

Because its a delayed transfer I wonder when we get the cash? I think id prefer the cash in the summer that way the money wont get eaten up through running costs. I can only presume the board will keep some money from the sale and put it into the playing budget, especially if we don't go up this season