The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Paco said:

Good interview with McGlynn. Two small points to make:

He references that we might not use both of the loan spaces that are now available. I understand he might not want to sign players for the sake of it, and maybe it’s a financial decision, but if he isn’t sure whether he’ll use both maybe it might’ve made sense to hang on to Steven Anderson for now? He should be fit come April which could’ve potentially made a big difference in the title run-in/potential play-offs.

He essentially confirms Lewis Allan will never play for us again. Everyone outside of Allan/Vaughan is available for Saturday so this is as full a squad as we’re going to get, unless anyone else comes in.

Some folk suggesting Anderson will leave us and sign for you permanently today, but that seems to have just sprung up as soon as it came out his loan was ended.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some folk suggesting Anderson will leave us and sign for you permanently today, but that seems to have just sprung up as soon as it came out his loan was ended.

If he gets himself fit I would have him back in a heartbeat, next season perhaps.

I find it strange that Kieron Bowie hasn’t featured in a Scotland youth squad yet. The most recent under 17’s team was full of players from premier league teams who have never played any first team football, yet we have a player playing regularly and scoring goals against full grown men but hasn’t had a look in. For me, it’s lazy scouting on behalf of the SFA!
The minute he signs for Fulham, he'll be on their radar. Lower league clubs are very mutch ignored despite Bowie playing more regularly than most his age.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

If he gets himself fit I would have him back in a heartbeat, next season perhaps.

Hess out of contract and has no future at Saints so it would seem likely.

I find it strange that Kieron Bowie hasn’t featured in a Scotland youth squad yet. The most recent under 17’s team was full of players from premier league teams who have never played any first team football, yet we have a player playing regularly and scoring goals against full grown men but hasn’t had a look in. For me, it’s lazy scouting on behalf of the SFA!

Happens all the time.

They’d rather pick an OF youngster who has zero chance of breaking into their first team and has played youth development for 2/3 years over someone playing regularly in the lower leagues.

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

He's got his move now so in he goes. 

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

He hasn’t been through the SFA performance schools so hasn’t been on the coaches radar.

we are so fixated on the pro youth/performance school route to the detriment of other talent.

He hasn’t been through the SFA performance schools so hasn’t been on the coaches radar.
we are so fixated on the pro youth/performance school route to the detriment of other talent.

Couldn’t agree more with that. Although I think Fife Elite is regarded as ‘pro youth’ or whatever it’s called. I know there was a centre half playing for Scotland school boys last season that was playing for Fife at the time.

Anyway, back to the Rovers, I wonder who the centre half is? Surely must be Berra?

Don't you remember what happened to Ryan Blackadder back in Tony Calderon's days He was playing brilliantly for us got called up for Scotland under 21's or 18's,came back a different player.

Remember that well. He was also touted for a move to Rangers around the time too and his form fell off a cliff. Sure it happened to a young Stevie Crawford too! It’s just depends on the players attitude I suppose though.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Couldn’t agree more with that. Although I think Fife Elite is regarded as ‘pro youth’ or whatever it’s called. I know there was a centre half playing for Scotland school boys last season that was playing for Fife at the time.

Anyway, back to the Rovers, I wonder who the centre half is? Surely must be Berra?

Great set up at Fife elite to be fair.

But Bowie has been watched (at least once) by the SFA this season..

I'm sure it was stated that Billy Stark was at Starks presumably for just that purpose when he took in the 0-0 midweek draw at home with Forfar in November, Bowie had poor game, got crocked and limped off after 61 mins.

The next 3 U19 fixtures are in March, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the squad for those (France & Russia at home and away to Georgia).

45 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Delayed transfer. Cant say I've ever seen that before really. Surprised more clubs dont do it instead of this loan back pish. Must be some more caveats than a shake of hands to it though surely. If he got a bad injury could they pull out? Do Raith get all the cash now or some or all at the end of the season?