The New Raith Rovers Thread

See all this panic, you guys realise the January transfer window doesn't really apply to much to the Rovers unless we are paying a fee for a player!?

Free agents, loan signings can all still be made until February. 

Relax its far from over.

6 minutes ago, Hadji said:

See all this panic, you guys realise the January transfer window doesn't really apply to much to the Rovers unless we are paying a fee for a player!?

Free agents, loan signings can all still be made until February. 

Relax its far from over.

True, but you are left with a limited pool of options and the longer we take to get them in the less impact they can have. 

1 minute ago, Beastie Russell said:

FFS get your fans rep pal telt, full story or f**k all

No point he's not the source on this one so I can't ask him.

I tried for more detail with the person who told me but they were adamant and looked to only have half the story too, TBH it could be complete BS but we'll know if it was or not tomorrow.

47 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We absolutely have to do something. As things stand we are an injury to Baird away from total disaster.

Well, not necessarily. We:

A) Have no idea of Allan’s status or condition, but you have to believe JMcG does.

B) We have Bowie, who can certainly work as a single forward ahead of an aggressive midfield...we’re doing OK in the middle.

C) We have an unknown quantity in Smith, who showed some promise in his limited playing time.

D) Armstrong and GAndo can certainly play winger, if needed.

E) We could also put MacDonald on the wing and Watson in at RB.

Is any of this ideal, no, but it also doesn’t disrupt the chemistry this team has built.  I choose to think that JMcG understands what the team needs and also that the time to pickup players is still open for a few more weeks.

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd be confident Smith can do a role based on the Stranraer game earlier this season. His main issue is fitness. The lad seems permanently injured. 

If we're signing Lewis Mansell on loan, we'd better hope Smith can do the job....

FFP Summary:

Bowie likely to be sold before the deadline for a six figure fee. Likely to be a delayed transfer so he doesn't move til the summer.

Club looking to cancel Steven Anderson's loan to free up an additional loan space.

Gullan return looking less likely.

McGlynn had been keeping his two loan options for Gullan and the potential loan back of Bowie but it looks like we might now have 3 loan options available if Anderson's deal is cancelled.

McGlynn wanting at least one player in before  Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

FFP Summary:

Bowie likely to be sold before the deadline for a six figure fee. Likely to be a delayed transfer so he doesn't move til the summer.

Club looking to cancel Steven Anderson's loan to free up an additional loan space.

Gullan return looking less likely.

McGlynn had been keeping his two loan options for Gullan and the potential loan back of Bowie but it looks like we might now have 3 loan options available if Anderson's deal is cancelled.

McGlynn wanting at least one player in before  Saturday.

That's positive regarding Bowie at least, both the size of the fee and the fact we are keeping hold of him in the short term.

I honestly still would like to see Miller sign on. I think he'd do a job in league 1, specifically in terms of adding a more clinical edge in the box. 

Loan options at this point are likely going to be a big risk.

1 hour ago, wee_bairn said:

It took a lot for a player to look dreadful against our muck last season but Mansell managed it with flying colours. I’d be astonished if McGlynn took a punt here.

Me too but cant rule it out.

It's also worth bearing in mind we have previous for taking a shit striker from Partick and making him prolific, can lightning strike twice though?