The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Or what if the talk of two players under contract was crap and just a ploy to sell season tickets. I'm going to predict one loan signing before Saturday and that will be it.

Those two players were Sutherland and Hilson,  who signed for ICT and Arboath 

13 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Or what if the talk of two players under contract was crap and just a ploy to sell season tickets. I'm going to predict one loan signing before Saturday and that will be it.

How about we’re playing in Scottish League One, with a hybrid system and a relatively minuscule pay package, so we simply have to wait and let people shop around because we can’t afford to overpay?

As much as I think he would be a decent option, we really need to get cracking and bring some signings in. Any patience I had was very much based on something at least looking like happening in Jan. 

It's another harsh reminder, if one was needed, that becoming an established League 1 side has you way down the pecking order. 

4 minutes ago, RaithRover123 said:

Dumbarton have signed Quitongo, he would’ve been a decent signing for any club in the division imo. 

I don't think there was much chance of him signing elsewhere unless it was a big offer. He's a good friend of Duffy and his brother plays for us. Most clubs probably avoiding him after his court appearance too.

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

To be fair its no surprise.I,d been more surprised if he didnt have other options

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Craig McGuffie released by Ayr Utd. McGlynn seemed to fancy him last season.

If he has been released then surly he has something lined up, I doubt Ayr would release him without him having a club to move to. If he doesn't have something lined up then he done some very poor contract negotiations with Ayr

59 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think there was much chance of him signing elsewhere unless it was a big offer. He's a good friend of Duffy and his brother plays for us. Most clubs probably avoiding him after his court appearance too.

Has he not been either injured or shit for the past few seasons anyway. Scored about 1 goal last season.

1 minute ago, Offshore Rover said:

If he has been released then surly he has something lined up, I doubt Ayr would release him without him having a club to move to. If he doesn't have something lined up then he done some very poor contract negotiations with Ayr

Eh? He'll have had his contract paid off and because he's been released before the window closes he can still sign for clubs after the end of January. If he's not going to be playing at Ayr then he's done quite well to get a lump sum pay off and find a new club.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Has he not been either injured or shit for the past few seasons anyway. Scored about 1 goal last season.

He was injured at Partick, then the court case came about and he was released and nobody would touch him. He moved to a club in Iran last year. I understand why he didn't have many suitors.

16 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Craig McGuffie released by Ayr Utd. McGlynn seemed to fancy him last season.

Someone has popped him on Wiki

Craig McGuffie
Personal information
Date of birth 15 December 1997 (age 22)
Playing position Midfielder
Club information
Current team
Ayr United
Number 12
Youth career
  Ayr United
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2015– Ayr United 37 (0)
2015–2016 Glenafton Athletic (loan) 27 (2)
2019– Raith Rovers (loan) 1 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 November 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_McGuffie

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

How about we’re playing in Scottish League One, with a hybrid system and a relatively minuscule pay package, so we simply have to wait and let people shop around because we can’t afford to overpay?

Yet other teams in our league have managed to sign players and strengthen their squads, we've weakened.