The New Raith Rovers Thread

Nobody knows what Bowie is worth as there hasn’t been an offer for him as yet.

Lots of caveats to any negotiation and unless you are at the table it’s Football Manager shite.

That said £100k + 5% sell on rising to 15% if he’s capped twice plus a feeder agreement with Fulham seems the most logical outcome.
Now that I can see.

Whatever deal you guys make needs to have a big sell on as that's where you will make the big money

That said £100k + 5% sell on rising to 15% if he’s capped twice plus a feeder agreement with Fulham seems the most logical outcome.

Again, we should not be accepting that. Bowie’s value will increase quite a bit if he ends up scoring 20+ goals in a title winning side and ends the season with a league winners medal, if it doesn’t work out like this then his value won’t decrease in that time therefore we’ll still have that chance to accept in the summer anyway. So why cash in now when we could end up far better off waiting another 5 months?

11 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Again, we should not be accepting that. Bowie’s value will increase quite a bit if he ends up scoring 20+ goals in a title winning side and ends the season with a league winners medal, if it doesn’t work out like this then his value won’t decrease in that time therefore we’ll still have that chance to accept in the summer anyway. So why cash in now when we could end up far better off waiting another 5 months?

My understanding is that apart from Fulham, there are s couple of other clubs seriously interested. At this point, 10 or 20 goals scored is not going to significantly affect his value, since the scouts who've watched him are interested in his raw ability more than his stats. I guess the point I'm making is that if they think highly enough of him to offer him a deal, that deal will be the same 6 months down the line. 

If we can get 6 figures, some kind of sell on fee and him loaned back until the summer, that's a win.

4 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Where are we getting the Fulham interest from?

Obviously nothing official. I've had it from two different sources who are usually quite solid on this stuff. Another person posted it on here last night. Enough information floating about that I think it has some truth in it.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Obviously nothing official. I've had it from two different sources who are usually quite solid on this stuff. Another person posted it on here last night. Enough information floating about that I think it has some truth in it.

If he is sold this transfer window then its a bit of miss in terms timing. Ideally that would have been sorted at the start of the transfer window which would enable us to get some players in before the window closes. Selling him at the end of the window doesn't really help us in terms of bringing in additional players. 

The club needs money and as ling as we get a decent offer and deal then I don't think the club can really say no

If it's the right deal then he will be allowed to go but the club want him back on loan for this season and if possible the next too. His agent is an experienced guy who has a figure in mind and Raith want at least that. If the asking price and add-ons are met then it'll happen but obviously only if also agreeable to the Bowies as well. I seriously doubt Ziggy will go for less than the club want, yes we are cash strapped but unlike previous times we are not desperate. Lots of if and buts as to whether his value will go up in the short term, if he's called up to the u19 in March, if he does well, if he Scores well between now and May then with extra exposure his value will increase, then again even if it doesn't go as well it'll still be ok. By the summer he will be an outstanding prospect who still isn't 18 years old.

34 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

If he is sold this transfer window then its a bit of miss in terms timing. Ideally that would have been sorted at the start of the transfer window which would enable us to get some players in before the window closes. Selling him at the end of the window doesn't really help us in terms of bringing in additional players. 

The club needs money and as ling as we get a decent offer and deal then I don't think the club can really say no

I kinda figured Bowie maybe leaving was priced in to McGlynn's January calculations, we'll see I guess. Then again, would expect a loan back agreement anyway so he wouldnt immediately be gone.

24 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

I heard from a good source last night that there was a Fulham scout in attendance on Saturday.

Since October there I reckon there have been over 20 different clubs have watched him,  I've heard the names of at least: 8 SPL, 2 Championship, 4 English L1, 7 English championship and 2 EPL  so far.

A former director told me he sits in the main stand and knew most of the Scottish scouts at SP but a few others have been reported by folks simply hearing scouts asking for their ticket at the office window. Opposition fans have mentioned scouts at away games which has also been reported elsewhere, of course they may not have been there to scout Ziggy, it could e.g. have been an East Fife/Forfar starlet. 

I remember a Rovers official telling me there were 22 scouts at the Forfar game in November, including three of the ‘big six’ in England. Pretty sure they weren’t there to check out Forbes or Coupe.

Given that level of interest, plus presumably another few clubs keeping tabs, I’d reckon there must be 25-30 clubs who have checked him out.

As long as they weren’t judging him purely on that game then it’s not hard to envisage a few willing to take a chance on him. Ideal scenario is sparking some sort of bidding war between 2 or 3 English clubs which could then give us a decent wedge of cash now plus all the add-ons.

Lads, let's cut to the chase - we'll steal him in the summer. It's just the way it is, baby...…...
Your mob tried already that last January, both Kieron and his Grandad telt ye's to bolt! [emoji23]

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

hopefully the lad gets a decent deal from someone like a Fulham or a Stoke or something rather than having his career wasted at one of the Glasgow ar$echeeks.

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Lads, let's cut to the chase - we'll steal him in the summer. It's just the way it is, baby...…...

I believe the saying is “Speak of the devil and he’ll appear”...

Honestly, I suspect that with an agent now, Bowie will be smart and look for a signing that will have him playing and not sitting. That’s probably Scottish Championship or English League One/Two. He needs the playing time to develop.

Edited by TxRover