The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Think the main issue is with the BOD who have went from one disaster to the next in regards to any tranfers bates no sell on clause, signing a keeper debacle, Nisbet transfer etc. If Bowie does go he should be going for at least 2000000 if not more going by todays market considering his potential/ age he will still be a steal

MasculineAlarmingKiwi-small.gif

4 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

where did I say that? Hes part of the first 11 under McGlynn at his boyhood club getting better all the time why go up higher to play youth football.

The suggestion here is that he would be loaned back to Raith for the rest of this season, so I don't think he's looking likely to play youth football any time soon. Go to a bigger club, get better coaching, use better facilities, play with better players, earn more money or stay at Raith in the third tier. Tough one...

Let’s not forget, the club are still paying Bowie an apprentice contract (£100 p/w??) this season and next year. It won’t be until year three that his new deal kicks in. If they wanted to keep him, why not pay him decent money now instead of signing Kenny Miller?

18 minutes ago, 50/50 Winner said:
36 minutes ago, 101 said:
Sorry if this has been covered before but what is going on in the away end, why is the bottom 5th had the seats removed?

The seats from the away end have been used to replace broken seats in the home end.

Cheers :) 

Given the age of Bowie and how well he's done this season, surely we should be looking at easy around £200,000? The only issue we have is that we're in need of money so any purchasing club will have the strong position to walk away if they think it's too much. In terms of Bowie's wage, we surely have enough cash to increase from £100 a week?

Added note, I was at Pars hospitality on Friday and Callachan was absolutely terrible... But then again, so was the whole Dundee team.

Let’s be realistic here. The one thing we know about this board is that they are totally incapable of driving a hard bargain as they have shown time and time again over the years.  Bowie will be sold for way below his real value and we will receive a pittance. 

There have been too many similar situations over the years.

More recently we even had Nisbet under contract scoring goals for fun and we allowed him to go for nothing without agreeing a fee before hand. Now pars are looking like making decent money on him and another example of the boards inadequacies 

If Hamilton and even Falkirk over the years can get big fees for their youngsters then so should we if we had a board with a pair of balls..

But time and time again we have been let down on this front by grabbing a quick buck without the hard sell and I dont  see it changing.

Edited by spot on

Just now, spot on said:

Let’s be realistic here. The one thing we know about this board is that they are totally incapable of driving a hard bargain as they have shown time and time again over the years.  Bowie will be sold for way below his real value and we will receive a pittance. 

If Hamilton and even Falkirk over the years can get big fees for their youngsters then so should we if we had a board with a pair of balls..

But time and time again we have been let down on this front and I dont  see it changing.

It's not exactly the same board as previously though, is it.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The suggestion here is that he would be loaned back to Raith for the rest of this season, so I don't think he's looking likely to play youth football any time soon. Go to a bigger club, get better coaching, use better facilities, play with better players, earn more money or stay at Raith in the third tier. Tough one...

Or stay at a club where hes working under a manager, who has a great track record developing youth, that has helped him progress already in a team where he is settled and enjoying his football along side experience pro's where he is learning exactly what he needs to at just 17 years old.  Not exactly a need to rush another 12-18 months he'll still be 18/19 and will leave a better player.

9 minutes ago, renton said:

It's not exactly the same board as previously though, is it.

Not too different from last year re the Nisbet issue but I really hope I’m wrong and they hold out for for a fair deal and not just grab a quick buck for a quick fix but have the courage  to hold out for realistic value in the current market. 

We don’t get players with Bowie’s potential coming through our system too often so we need to maximise his worth when we can and get as good a deal as possible.

1 minute ago, spot on said:

Not too different from last year re the Nisbet issue but I really hope I’m wrong and they hold out for for a fair deal and not just grab a quick buck for a quick fix but have the courage  to hold out for realistic value in the current market. 

We don’t get players with Bowie’s potential coming through our system too often so we need to maximise his worth when we can and get as good a deal as possible.

Not much could be done with Nisbet. We took a chance on him but didn't want to risk a two year contract. Both sides were desperate and the club clearly didn't think there was a high percentage chance he'd be the goal scorer he turned into.

Obviously we offered him another year, but by then he clearly understood he'd be in demand. Why tie himself down unnecessarily? It was, at best, a chance to keep him if we went up.

Can’t really blame anyone for Nisbet. It’s frustrating, absolutely, but he wouldn’t have signed the contract without the clause that let him leave.

So the choice was give him the deal, which would keep him with us if we were promoted, or let him sign a pre-contract elsewhere. Not really much anyone can do with that.

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

Can’t really blame anyone for Nisbet. It’s frustrating, absolutely, but he wouldn’t have signed the contract without the clause that let him leave.

So the choice was give him the deal, which would keep him with us if we were promoted, or let him sign a pre-contract elsewhere. Not really much anyone can do with that.

However if you had offered one then you would have been due to compensation - its only because he agreed terms with us before a new deal was offered by you guys that he left for free.

Think the main issue is with the BOD who have went from one disaster to the next in regards to any tranfers bates no sell on clause, signing a keeper debacle, Nisbet transfer etc. If Bowie does go he should be going for at least 2000000 if not more going by todays market considering his potential/ age he will still be a steal

I thought Bates did have a small sell on clause. Problem being he left rangers for piss all. 5% of piss all still being piss all.