The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I thought i had read that he had spoken with
Mglynn and agreed that him staying at the club for a season or two would be the best thing for his development?

Ahhh yes of course, every footballer sticks to their word..... 

I am sure if we got a decent offer then we would take it, the club needs the money after all.

It vital to get some decent cash from the initial sale, but the real money is in sell on %. The money flying around England is mental, and there is every chance he kicks on and makes a few moves in his career for good money. Having 10-15% and that this stays in his next move too is vital  (that's where Hamilton did so well with the to James').

The club has just posted a 200k loss and have lost 600k in the last 2 seasons. I’m not really sure we’re in the position to turn down any decent bids. Would love to see him with us for another couple of seasons to develop but there is no guarantee he will live up to his potential. I think he will but it’s not always in the players control he could suffer a serious injury and never recover to the same level.

We absolutely shouldn’t be giving him away. We are in a strong bargaining position given the length of his contract and the number of teams interested. If we can hold out for 6 figures (ideally above whatever the forecasted loss is for this season) plus a percentage of any future fee as well as a loan back for the rest of the season, I think that would be a pretty good deal for all parties.

Can’t remember the last time we received 6 figures for a player or a team in Scottish League One has but it is pennies to most of the teams who have been linked with him.

. If we can hold out for 6 figures (ideally above whatever the forecasted loss is for this season) plus a percentage of any future fee as well as a loan back for the rest of the season, I think that would be a pretty good deal for all parties.

This is the key for me. If it can ensure a modest profit and we don’t lose Bowie for the rest of the season, then maybe it’ll just have to do.

We don’t need to sell now. Bowie’s just turned 17 so you’d presume isn’t in a rush to move on a personal basis, first-team football is by far the most important thing for his development, he’s contracted until 2022 and there’s a queue of clubs after him. If nothing comes in that meets demands, we can wait until summer. No hardship for player or club.

If Bowie is to go, and it sounds like he might, we need to be securing a substantial amount of cash plus a load of add ons and clauses. We’ve had our fingers burnt with this numerous times and can’t allow what is our best prospect in a long time to walk for hee haw.

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

We don’t need to sell now. Bowie’s just turned 17 so you’d presume isn’t in a rush to move on a personal basis, first-team football is by far the most important thing for his development, he’s contracted until 2022 and there’s a queue of clubs after him. If nothing comes in that meets demands, we can wait until summer. No hardship for player or club.

Equally he could turn absolutely rank rotten next season and no one will be interested. 

Reasonable transfer fee, some add ons and he stays with us until the end of the season will do me. 

The club will lose even more money if it sells its top scorer and ends up being confined to another season in this bloody league. Keep him unless it's impossible to turn down - I.e approaching six figures. 

No one is going to pay a semi-PT club in League One that, so we can forget it. However we need to give it our best shot at promotion and if need be can let him go in the summer, regardless of where we end up. That seems fair to me. 

Equally he could turn absolutely rank rotten next season and no one will be interested. 

He’s quite obviously not going to turn every club off him in the next four months.

We hold the cards here, no point in cashing in the chips at the first sign of money.

Think the main issue is with the BOD who have went from one disaster to the next in regards to any tranfers bates no sell on clause, signing a keeper debacle, Nisbet transfer etc. If Bowie does go he should be going for at least 2000000 if not more going by todays market considering his potential/ age he will still be a steal

Think the main issue is with the BOD who have went from one disaster to the next in regards to any tranfers bates no sell on clause, signing a keeper debacle, Nisbet transfer etc. If Bowie does go he should be going for at least 2000000 if not more going by todays market considering his potential/ age he will still be a steal

£2million?