The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

What has happend to the Nisbet compensation claim chaps? 

We no due you money? Sure the tribunal was meant to be months ago?

The SPFL are shitting themselves, they can't figure out what to do due to never having had to make their minds up in their puff.

re Kenny Miller - obviously not a long term option but I'd happily take him until the end of the season, yes I know he is 40 but remember what happened when we signed David Narey (OK he was only 38). At this level he would surely chip in with a few goals but the experience he could pass on to the likes of Bowie and Tait can't be ignored.

Update: It's happening.

Quietly pleased with that. He's scored goals everywhere he's been.

Interesting to see if we do bring someone else in now. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a proper destructive midfielder come in. Someone to do nothing but protect the defence. I suspect John McGlynn thinks that's the missing link for this side.

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Update: It's happening.

Quietly pleased with that. He's scored goals everywhere he's been.

Interesting to see if we do bring someone else in now. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a proper destructive midfielder come in. Someone to do nothing but protect the defence. I suspect John McGlynn thinks that's the missing link for this side.

Where did you see that? 

Where did you see that? 

Sorry, I've come over all "ITK" there. Apologies. It hasn't been announced anywhere, but I have it on good authority that it's happening.

Don't bother looking to see if I have a good track record on these things, I don't think I have had the inside track on a transfer before, ever. But I'm confident that I'm not talking shite, just for a wee change.

14 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
2 hours ago, Jilted John said:
In other news, Jamie Gullan played for Hibs today!

Does that mean he would become a further loaner then. If we have one supposedly lined up then that's us at our limit. Gullan would surely now become a new loan player then. Could be wrong though.

Think you’re allowed 5 in total for the season but 4 at one time. So even if Gullan does count as a new loan (not sure on that one) we will still be able to sign one other loan.

Hopefully Hibs bring in another striker next week and he comes back. I know it always looked the case anyway but him coming on for Hibs today means if they do decide to loan him out again, the only option is us due to the 2 clubs in a season rule.

Not ITK either but just got a text from someone who usually is saying Miller is signing on Monday...

The reviews from Partick were not exactly glowing. 
I am not in favour of that signing so will keep it short - I sincerely hope this signing works and doesn't become an expensive error. 

I hope he proves us wrong, but i am not optimistic this will work out well.