The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Our cost base in the Championship was apparently too much for the club. Probably as a result of the board backing that idiot Locke to the gunnels. 

Aside from having a squad of ridiculously poor players we also offered deals to the likes of Coustrain and Osei who barely saw first team action and weren't good enough for that level. 

The AGM makes for grim reading and sums up quite a lot about where we're at for now. The Challenge Cup is a good example of things wrong with Scottish football. The club are literally saying you either hope you get knocked out in the first round or go on the get to the final. 

Some positive news after all the bad stuff:

- Hospitality targets being met(75% take up) 

- Pitch starting to generate income (but no indication of how much this is - i.e. is it a decent amount? 

- Season ticket target met

We got a fee for Euan Murray (no details) and are awaiting the verdict on Kevin Nisbet. 

Still generally bad news though. 

Edited by Michael W

High time this challenge cup malarky was given the heave, next season we should do our best to get put out first round 25k for runner up doesn't make up for lost gate money ,lost hospitality income etc 

Problem with this is that you could get knocked out in the first round but your opponents for a Saturday game down the line get through. End result being you still lose out on Saturday ticket sales and hospitality takings but you get even less prize money. Lose-lose.

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:
High time this challenge cup malarky was given the heave, next season we should do our best to get put out first round 25k for runner up doesn't make up for lost gate money ,lost hospitality income etc 

Problem with this is that you could get knocked out in the first round but your opponents for a Saturday game down the line get through. End result being you still lose out on Saturday ticket sales and hospitality takings but you get even less prize money. Lose-lose.

Yeah thats the scenario 

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

Some positive news after all the bad stuff:

- Hospitality targets being met(75% take up) 

- Pitch starting to generate income (but no indication of how much this is - i.e. is it a decent amount? 

- Season ticket target met

We got a fee for Euan Murray (no details) and are awaiting the verdict on Kevin Nisbet. 

Still generally bad news though. 

Pars are stingey c***s, I’d say for a development fee we’re due a decent sum for Nisbet considering he was seen as a gash signing and we developed him into league 1s best player last season. Besides Vaughan and Hendry obviously 👍

Pars are stingey c***s, I’d say for a development fee we’re due a decent sum for Nisbet considering he was seen as a gash signing and we developed him into league 1s best player last season. Besides Vaughan and Hendry obviously [emoji106]
We pay what we want.

38 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
5 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:
Pars are stingey c***s, I’d say for a development fee we’re due a decent sum for Nisbet considering he was seen as a gash signing and we developed him into league 1s best player last season. Besides Vaughan and Hendry obviously emoji106.png

We pay what we want.

As your previous creditors know all too well. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
6 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:
Pars are stingey c***s, I’d say for a development fee we’re due a decent sum for Nisbet considering he was seen as a gash signing and we developed him into league 1s best player last season. Besides Vaughan and Hendry obviously emoji106.png

We pay what we want.

Wonder if there’s money problems at EEP again if you’d are struggling to fork out a sum that’s definitely under £50k 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

Pars are stingey c***s, I’d say for a development fee we’re due a decent sum for Nisbet considering he was seen as a gash signing and we developed him into league 1s best player last season. Besides Vaughan and Hendry obviously 👍

13 minutes ago, RaithRover123 said:

Wonder if there’s money problems at EEP again if you’d are struggling to fork out a sum that’s definitely under £50k 😂😂😂

OK, lets knock this shit on the head, the issue isn't with the Pars, it's due to the SPFL dawdling on the outcome.

Grant Gillespie any good lads? We’ve signed him on a deal until the end of the season. 

Excellent on his day, I wanted to keep him. Has the quality but couldn’t string any sort of run of form together. Will run games in his own at times, be invisible others. Good signing overall, I’d say.