The New Raith Rovers Thread

Vitoria can play as a striker but never gets a game, so why was he signed, whats the point of wasting more money bringing in an ageing front man whos legs are probably gone, and might end up being a bad influence in the dressing room 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

From what we've seen so far Victoria only wants to attack and doesn't seem as keen on coming back to defend, that's why Gullan has been preferred. Kenny Miller won't be the type to get back and defend either. If Gullan isn't returning he needs replaced with a similar type of forward.

4 hours ago, grumswall said:

Is Miller not a pretty disruptive influence these days? Plus he's 40. I'd stay clear of him.

3 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Age is a protected characteristic Grum... best staying clear of such topics around here!

Disgraceful ageism! Have you not heard of the Equality Act!

If we now prefer an older man, I’d rather we brought Brewster back.

Would someone like Declan Byrne, from Albion, be a viable target? Albion are struggling, and won’t love losing him, but he seems to be scoring pretty well and would likely live to get out...just no real action at a higher level.

Aye I would say I’m in the Kenny Miller OUT, bracket.
But it would be very us to give him a 6 month deal before he hangs up the boots. And if he does sign and scores 10 goals which would take us up - then great signing.

A bit confused, you say you’re in the OUT camp and then finish by saying “then great signing” 🧐

I personally think he’s a luxury the club cannot afford. He’s well past it and a bit of a ‘Richard’ I’ve heard.

I would prefer taking on a Championship player who’s maybe fallen out of favour but still under 35 year old, who knows the league and what it’s all about. Or even some punt on an player from down south, but going to be hard as I think Falkirk and Airdrie will be on the lookout for the same players as us.

I doubt Airdrie or Falkirk are looking for a striker, both are well equipped in forward players. Airdrie I think would rather sign an attacking midfielder and Falkirk would prefer a decent defender. 

I doubt there's many strikers in Scotland to suit our needs just now and I too doubt there would be any willing to come North for all we have to offer.

Get get it done! Get on with it and sign Carrick from Airdrie (Forfar tried) and the lad at Queens Park.😉

6 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I doubt Airdrie or Falkirk are looking for a striker, both are well equipped in forward players. Airdrie I think would rather sign an attacking midfielder and Falkirk would prefer a decent defender. 

I doubt there's many strikers in Scotland to suit our needs just now and I too doubt there would be any willing to come North for all we have to offer.

Get get it done! Get on with it and sign Carrick from Airdrie (Forfar tried) and the lad at Queens Park.😉

Tbh I'd take another striker if it meant McMillan going back to St Johnstone. We might yet lose McManus aswell. And id love it if someone wanted Sammon. McManus is the best striker we have the other two are gash. We signed a defender Ben Hall when Toshney went, he's not featured yet staggeringly he can't get a game ahead of Durnan. McCracken says one or two will be moving on ie Tidser being the obvious one, before we bring anyone else in. 

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Falkirk’s defence isn’t awful they’ve conceded 13 goals in 21 games in the league. They’d be looking at midfield players imo. 

We're running out of decent options. It seems the only player who could potentially be on the move this month that fits the bill is Danny Mullen, but we're as likely to get him as we were Brian Graham.

So, unless McGlynn can pull a rabbit out of the hat, it's looking like we'll have to take a punt on a loan signing.

McGlynn in his pre-match interview says he has a loan deal lined up (Gullan?) and that something else came out of left-field today (Miller?) but that nothing is imminent yet and that his head is in a spin trying to work out the best way to go.

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-agm-live-1-5079961/amp

If anyone wants to follow all the great news coming out the AGM. 

Won't break even this year but will reduce losses. Also the club is paying rent to Starks Park Properties. Well, in theory it is as its outstanding. Great. 

McGlynn in his pre-match interview says he has a loan deal lined up (Gullan?) and that something else came out of left-field today (Miller?) but that nothing is imminent yet and that his head is in a spin trying to work out the best way to go.

Surely if something came out of left field today that would point to Kenny Miller?

I can’t see any team in the top 2 leagues touching him with a barge pole so Raith might be his best option.

The best way to go is definitely not Kenny Miller.