The New Raith Rovers Thread

Having a look at that list that was put up of out of contract players, IMO absolutely no one on that list will improve on what we have or should be considered to be brought in. Particularly in the forward role. 

We’ve already been told by McGlynn that we aren’t after out of contract players. We are after players that are still contracted to other teams at the minute. One of them was Sutherland.

Having a look at that list that was put up of out of contract players, IMO absolutely no one on that list will improve on what we have or should be considered to be brought in. Particularly in the forward role. 

Not for a minute do I think we could attract him, unless we could give him a good six month contract, but Danny Mullen absolutely would.

10 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Not for a minute do I think we could attract him, unless we could give him a good six month contract, but Danny Mullen absolutely would.

Quite. Although he played and scored for St Mirren at the weekend so I think he's probably as much of a free agent as Steven Anderson. 

He would've worked with McGlynn at Livingston though I think...

7 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

TXrover ......... on the Anderson subject dont forget he was/is a St Johnstone player and they would be paying the bulk of his wages, so if they really have terminated his contract  we just couldn't afford him even if injured or not

If they've terminated the contract, then any deal he makes with us is at the rate we offer.

12 minutes ago, philpy said:

Hibs punting oli Shaw to Ross County. That's them losing a striker, so that could have a big effect on the gullan situation.

Hopefully not.  Gullan still needs regular game time at a lower level before hes ready for Premiership.  Hopefully we'll see him back at us soon.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

If they've terminated the contract, then any deal he makes with us is at the rate we offer.

We have not (to the best of my knowledge) offered him a new contract with us, the only contract Anderson has with us is or was as a loan player and as such he remains an employee of St Johnstone FC until his contract with them expires in June. It is highly unlikely we would or even could offer him any contract until his existing contract expires (or is terminated by mutual agreement) as all contracts are subject to SFA/SFL registration.

With that in mind it is also unlikely that St Johnstone would have terminated any contract as they would have to negotiate a release with the player and there has been no news posted in the media to suggest this has actually happened either by us, them or the player himself.

22 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

there has been no news posted in the media to suggest this has actually happened either by us, them or the player himself

Lack of information in the media does not mean that nothing is happening behind closed doors. After all did we predict exactly who we were signing in the summer thorough any kind of media article? There were certainly a few surprise signings over the years that no one had seen coming 

We did find out through media, social media and there been none of that either.

I think St Johnstone would have mentioned it though, fanfare for the leaving of a cup winning goalscorer type of thing. 

Even Rovers mostly thank players for their services when they go.

When was the last time we scored from a corner, lads?

Depends on your definition. Saturday was from a corner, but if you mean corner taken and the next touch is the goal, I think it would be Brad Spencer against East Fife in October.

We’re not very good at them, certainly.

10 minutes ago, Paco said:

Depends on your definition. Saturday was from a corner, but if you mean corner taken and the next touch is the goal, I think it would be Brad Spencer against East Fife in October.

Wondering if our low number of corners is more of an influence than sheer poor execution. Of course, the fact that we seem to be worse in the air than an acrophobic sloth doesn’t help either.

15 minutes ago, Paco said:

Even then it drops onto his foot. If you really mean a classic 1 phase corner: centre back rising above his marker and smashing it into the net with his head, then you have to go back to Euan Murray last season.

Our corners have been toothless for a long time.

Even then it drops onto his foot. If you really mean a classic 1 phase corner: centre back rising above his marker and smashing it into the net with his head, then you have to go back to Euan Murray last season.
Our corners have been toothless for a long time.

Miller did score on the second day at Stranraer, but that’s all unfortunately.

The defenders we have aren’t really goal threats to be fair. Davidson hasn’t managed more than two in a season since 2013, Benedictus hasn’t scored since Gary Locke was manager, McKay is only really a threat from open play at RB and Anderson could’ve been a threat, we just haven’t really seen much of him.