The New Raith Rovers Thread

Absolutely my friend and agree fully. The fact is the it is irrespective that Mendy is condoning this by putting it on his twitter. Any person hearing a racist comment even if though the person whom it is directed at or to does not fell offended is still a crime. Its ANY person's perveption of the comment, not necessarily the person who it is directed to.  It is something that needs to be enforced to all people, particularly through schooling.  

Exactly, it shouldn’t be tolerated at any level.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Honestly, given the changes we’ve seen in our backline players since he arrived, I’m wondering if we shouldn’t.  He also wouldn’t go amiss for the last couple of league games and possible playoffs.

is he paid-off for the remainder of his contract, or can SFA teams simply cut ties and obligations with injured players? I find it unlikely the team can just jettison the costs like that.

Depends on the contract.

This does happen in other sports though, Ice Hockey players are "gassed" by termination mid contract if they aren't cutting it. Although this isn't form but injury the concepts the same.

From a strictly financial point in order not to continue to make a deficit we absolutely need to get out of this league, even repeating last seasons vastly reduced loss (£200,000 in case you missed it) will not be aided by holding on to and paying a player who it is expected won't return to training (not playing you will note) until April. That, IMO s not a viable option IF his wage can be better employed elsewhere.  Having Anderson on hand to pass on his experience and advise is lovely but of absolutely no use once they cross the white line, it's bodies on the park we need......and IMO preferably one who can find the net with regularity. 

To this extent I would go with the defence we have and blow our funds on someone who is a proven scorer at this level, Davo, Bene & McKay may not be perfect but they should be adequate for this league and if one is out you if necessary can bring in Mendy or simply revert to a back 4. I'd prefer to bring in a spare fullback, if MacDonald gets an injury we are in soapy bubble.

23 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Heard rumours that clubs are looking at MacDonald with a view of putting in an offer.

If true, I would like to think that it would need to be an exceptional offer to tempt us to sell, considering that we would need to source a replacement left back within a limited timescale.

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Depends on the contract.

This does happen in other sports though, Ice Hockey players are "gassed" by termination mid contract if they aren't cutting it. Although this isn't form but injury the concepts the same.

From a strictly financial point in order not to continue to make a deficit we absolutely need to get out of this league, even repeating last seasons vastly reduced loss (£200,000 in case you missed it) will not be aided by holding on to and paying a player who it is expected won't return to training (not playing you will note) until April. That, IMO s not a viable option IF his wage can be better employed elsewhere.  Having Anderson on hand to pass on his experience and advise is lovely but of absolutely no use once they cross the white line, it's bodies on the park we need......and IMO preferably one who can find the net with regularity. 

To this extent I would go with the defence we have and blow our funds on someone who is a proven scorer at this level, Davo, Bene & McKay may not be perfect but they should be adequate for this league and if one is out you if necessary can bring in Mendy or simply revert to a back 4. I'd prefer to bring in a spare fullback, if MacDonald gets an injury we are in soapy bubble.

I agree it happens, but I’m also old school enough to believe that he was injured playing for us, so you don’t put him out for the dustmen! Same with Vaughan...he’s probably cost us a fortune, but we signed him and he hurt himself playing for us.

The is a line, that is too often crossed these days, between what is right and what is efficient. I pray that the Rovers can always afford to do what is right.

With regard to MacDonald, the question would be is he willing to play full-time football, as I doubt any other offer (that might trump us)  would be from a part-time club. If he is, I’d really like him with us in the Championship next year. The offer for him would have to include serious funds, a sell-on provision AND at least a loan of a proven, in form striker. And even then I’d have pause, as we don’t have a ready replacement on the roster.

Finally, on the Mendy song...is there any doubt how it would be adjudged? There would be a harsh response to this if it makes formal news, so now is the time to shelve it and move on. Sooner or later a smallish club in the UK will be made the example, pour encourager les autreś...don’t believe for a second that we are too big to be the answer to that question. Eventually a points deduction will occur for this type of behavior, somewhere.

Steven Anderson very much part of the Raith squad. Just been training with the rest of the squad in Gym 64. Doesn't look like he has much of an injury but I'm no doctor. 

Lewis Vaughan also in looks like hes been on his hols. Brad training with squad not on his own like last week so would suggest he'll be fit for Saturday. Dan Armstrong also training with squad so shouldn't be far away. 2 new boys training, one just a kid the other a little older but not sure who he was.

47 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Missed out on Longridge. He’s signed on at Falkirk

Do we think we were actually in for him?

It's still someone who can play through the middle we need. Desperately.

Just further people need to get behind Mendy. He comes into the gym smiling,  bouncing looking like he loves it here. He is an absolute rock built like a brick you know what. Hes come from a foreign country and will need time to get up to speed and adapt remember Klopp gave Fabinho 5 months before he got into the first team. Hes also had good reports from Kelty. I for one hopes it works out for him.

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

2 new boys training, one just a kid the other a little older but not sure who he was.

Young fella is a mate of Dylan Tait’s was at Hibs and Fife Elite and has been training with the team for a month or so.

Left Midfielder and turned down Dunfermline to sign with Raith 👍

2 hours ago, renton said:

Do we think we were actually in for him?

It's still someone who can play through the middle we need. Desperately.

Longridge is a bit similar to Callachan in that he would've improved the squad but not necessarily in a priority area.