The New Raith Rovers Thread

You have an Oasis member as your profile picture. You’ve lost conversation privileges

worse than racism in the eyes of your average raith fan it would seem, some bunch.

look forward to our title parade and keeping you racists down x

worse than racism in the eyes of your average raith fan it would seem, some bunch.  
look forward to our title parade and keeping you racists down x

On the app so can't actually see who you support? Can only assume your one of the falkirk dancers though.

SAnderson still showing as a signed full time loan player till end of season, unless Saints have released him and so us from the loan deal
Which is strange considering hes injured long term and appearing on list of available players 
Why would we need to release him from the loan if his primary contract has been terminated? That negates any further contract.

7 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:
SAnderson still showing as a signed full time loan player till end of season, unless Saints have released him and so us from the loan deal
Which is strange considering hes injured long term and appearing on list of available players 

Why would we need to release him from the loan if his primary contract has been terminated? That negates any further contract.

Thats what I was alluding to, Saints releasing him would release us from the loan deal 

Absolutely nobody has asked for a ban of these fans, nobody has even accused them of being racist, just that the song they sing has racist connotations to it. Some fans have quite respectfully suggested they'd prefer the song wasn't sung. That's it - no mention of stopping going to games, banning folk or gagging orders, just a simple "I don't really think that song is appropriate".

See before you typed your hysterical rant and quite rightly received 13 virtue points, the last part of my post was sarcasm. Grumswall was so traumatised by the song he mentioned it several times on the Livi v Rovers cup thread. And because of this everybody within the clique chimed in too.

#keepwokecultureoutoffootball

Racism is abhorrent, if Mendy wasn’t offended what is the big deal.

12 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I don't think intent comes into it any more. The rules are dreadful, no argument on that. But would you have wanted a penalty if it had been an opposition player who's arm the ball had hit, simple question. 

I think every football fan in the world would scream for a penalty, football fans scream for a penalty when the ball doesn't even hit a players hand. 99% of football fans watching that back would say 'that's never a pen'. He loses the ball, hands aren't in a terrible position, accidentally hits his hand whilst running away from the goal doesn't particularly affect play. If it didn't hit his arm, it was coming down and hitting his leg and either way, livi got the ball back so he didn't affect play in the slightest. There's absolutely no chance that if this had been given against anyones team, they would not say it is incredibly harsh and it's never a pen.. If you say that is a pen then you're lying to yourself. I think the majority of referees would not give it. Had that been in the premier league and went to VAR, I believe there's no way that would be given as a pen.

We have a long and impoverishing history of continuing to pay the wages and issue new contracts to players who are injured with little or no chance of returning/contributing much before seasons end, I wouldn’t be surprised if we continue to pay for SAndo even if he is extremely unlikely to regain fitness before the last 2 games, harsh as it’ll sounds the best option here is if the contract is terminated and we can bring in someone else.

McGurn, Barr (x3), Vaughan and Thomson are good examples of the clubs previous (and ongoing) benevolence with as far as I know Callum Elliot (who had allegedly bee informed by a surgeon his injury was career ending) being the only player we released when injured.

Having a good name in football circles for looking after players welfare is all well and good but has surely been a contributing factor in ongoing financial losses.

We have a long and impoverishing history of continuing to pay the wages and issue new contracts to players who are injured with little or no chance of returning/contributing much before seasons end, I wouldn’t be surprised if we continue to pay for SAndo even if he is extremely unlikely to regain fitness before the last 2 games, harsh as it’ll sounds the best option here is if the contract is terminated and we can bring in someone else.
McGurn, Barr (x3), Vaughan and Thomson are good examples of the clubs previous (and ongoing) benevolence with as far as I know Callum Elliot (who had allegedly bee informed by a surgeon his injury was career ending) being the only player we released when injured.
Having a good name in football circles for looking after players welfare is all well and good but has surely been a contributing factor in ongoing financial losses.

Raith Rovers is Latin for players benevolent fund, I’m sure of it.

3 hours ago, Jilted John said:

You hoped we would pay an injured player a wage to hang around giving out advice?

Honestly, given the changes we’ve seen in our backline players since he arrived, I’m wondering if we shouldn’t.  He also wouldn’t go amiss for the last couple of league games and possible playoffs.

is he paid-off for the remainder of his contract, or can SFA teams simply cut ties and obligations with injured players? I find it unlikely the team can just jettison the costs like that.

I take it you skipped the bit where I said racism is abhorrent.

Absolutely my friend and agree fully. The fact is the it is irrespective that Mendy is condoning this by putting it on his twitter. Any person hearing a racist comment even if though the person whom it is directed at or to does not fell offended is still a crime. Its ANY person's perveption of the comment, not necessarily the person who it is directed to.  It is something that needs to be enforced to all people, particularly through schooling.

See before you typed your hysterical rant and quite rightly received 13 virtue points, the last part of my post was sarcasm. Grumswall was so traumatised by the song he mentioned it several times on the Livi v Rovers cup thread. And because of this everybody within the clique chimed in too.

#keepwokecultureoutoffootball

Racism is abhorrent, if Mendy wasn’t offended what is the big deal.

I was so traumatised your the clown still talking about it...