The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I see Jamie Barjonas has signed on loan for Partick. 

This thread has been quite heated, but I think we can all agree that Barjonas IS a massive cock. 

He’s scored a few for Rangers u21s this season in the Caramel Wafer Cup. 

Have Raith Rovers never had any other players with "big choppers" playing for them? It seems conveniently coincidental that Mendy is the first guy whose knob has become relevant. If you don't take a second to understand why that is then I'm afraid the debate dies here.

I can confirm that no other raith player has ever had a big chopper.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Glad to see your taking a sensible approach to debating the matter. Good luck to you.

Gon give it a rest, uve said your point move on. Moaning over pie and bovirl isn't going to solve anything.

Are there any rumours of potential signings?
Hopefully soon. Trying to get a deal done for gullan, according to matt elder on twitter, but nothing concrete yet. A few "irons in the fire" otherwise.

On 19/01/2020 at 00:40, RaithRover123 said:

Davo’s handball was never a penalty. Really poor from the referee imo

If that was an opposition player would you be screaming for a penalty? 

Of course you would.

It looked a huge turning point in the match judging by the highlights anyway, but even by today's piss poor hand ball rules, that was a penalty. 

9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

If that was an opposition player would you be screaming for a penalty? 

Of course you would.

It looked a huge turning point in the match judging by the highlights anyway, but even by today's piss poor hand ball rules, that was a penalty. 

Away ya slaver, it was a totally unintentional handball a very harsh call! The current rules are a total farce.

Theres a high chance of Gullan coming back, hibs are trying to re sign McNulty on loan but to do so they need to ship boys off the wage bill (permanent moves) if they can get McNulty in there willing to let Gullan back out on loan so a Hibee tells me.

16 minutes ago, philpy said:
1 hour ago, grumswall said:
Are there any rumours of potential signings?

Hopefully soon. Trying to get a deal done for gullan, according to matt elder on twitter, but nothing concrete yet. A few "irons in the fire" otherwise.

The comments on Matt Elder’s Twitter post about Barjonas signing for Partick Thistle are bizarre. Two actual Raith Rovers fans wishing we had got him back instead. Crazy. I assume the only match they attended last season was his debut against Forfar. 

The comments on Matt Elder’s Twitter post about Barjonas signing for Partick Thistle are bizarre. Two actual Raith Rovers fans wishing we had got him back instead. Crazy. I assume the only match they attended last season was his debut against Forfar. 
Either that or they have well and truly let who their "big team" are.

Ryan Hardie aside, the Murray Park "elite" seem to be allergic to us. Barrie McKay and Jordan Thompson, both of whom were garbage, both now playing in the English Championship and have incurred transfer fees of £500k plus. 

No doubt he'll look like a superstar and we'll all be totally baffled yet again. 

56 minutes ago, Hadji said:

Away ya slaver, it was a totally unintentional handball a very harsh call! The current rules are a total farce.

Theres a high chance of Gullan coming back, hibs are trying to re sign McNulty on loan but to do so they need to ship boys off the wage bill (permanent moves) if they can get McNulty in there willing to let Gullan back out on loan so a Hibee tells me.

I don't think intent comes into it any more. The rules are dreadful, no argument on that. But would you have wanted a penalty if it had been an opposition player who's arm the ball had hit, simple question. 

I was taking the piss darling

31 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I don't think intent comes into it any more. The rules are dreadful, no argument on that. But would you have wanted a penalty if it had been an opposition player who's arm the ball had hit, simple question. 

A scream for a pen if someone heads the ball, but asking for one and one actually being a foul are two diffrent things. 

That's never a pen, if your a livi player laughing at getting that one.

Player Availability List

Steven Anderson
Defender
DoB: 19/12/1985
Height: 185cm
Previous Clubs: Raith Rovers (loan), St Johnstone, Partick Thistle (loan)

https://pfascotland.co.uk/Membership-Benefits/player-availability-list/