The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I still don’t see anything wrong with the song. It could be sung about Lewis Allan, or Grant Anderson. Would people still find it an offensive song and still claim it to be racist?

I didn’t think so.

But it’s not sung about them, is it? That’s the whole point. 

But it’s not sung about them, is it? That’s the whole point. 

So what you’re saying here is we shouldn’t be singing songs at football games about Mendy/Victoria etc?

But it’d be ok to sing these same songs about Allan/Anderson?

And you’re claiming the young team are the ones being racist? Seriously?

17 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I still don’t see anything wrong with the song. It could be sung about Lewis Allan, or Grant Anderson. Would people still find it an offensive song and still claim it to be racist?

I didn’t think so.

We used to sing it about Eddie May years ago.

35 minutes ago, mendys cock said:

Only new singing I want to see this window is a new fan officer, this one is tragic and would rather see the entire stadium empty than have any atmosphere.

This is the problem you've got here, and a problem that many young folk have in debates - absolutely nobody has said you guys should f**k off and stop singing. Arguments aren't always so black and white. You've been congratluated by just about everyone for the atmosphere you're lads are creating, but those same many are respectfully asking you to consider dropping one song which may be construed as offensive. The fact you're on here attacking those folk is not a good look for you or your team of mates. We had the same problem at Dumbarton with a group of young guys, took any slight criticism as an attack and started being aggressive towards other fans rather than considering if the criticism is valid.

10 minutes ago, mendys cock said:

Why has everyone ignored this point? Why has everyone just skipped past it?

Do Raith actually sing about Iain Davidson liking haggis?

Has anyone actually asked Mendy if 1. he does have a massive cock and 2. is he offended by the song.  If the answer to 1. is no or 2. is yes then I would drop the song.

If you look on twitter you can see mendy posting the song on his official Instagram account, and replying to fans signing it, and him also signing it himself adding on “it is fucking massive” at the end aswell.

Whether or not Nando Mendy is offended by it is only really relevant in a private conversation with him. If you're singing something out loud in a public place, wider consideration has to be given. It's 2020, and it's not acceptable.

The chant won’t be stopped unless it comes from the club or sfa or player. And I think is is fair.