The New Raith Rovers Thread

I wish the Partick  game was on a Tues night. I don't see the viewing figures changing by much , we could play Falkirk on the Sat. & make some money. Wish the clubs would wake up about

these minor cup fixtures.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Would really hate the club to get in hot water over this. I think a few folk need to grow up and realise this isn’t a wise choice of hill to die on.

Would like to see the club actually take this on and come out and say they’d rather it wasn’t sung.  The club has made great progress in recent years in attempting to become a genuine community club. Would hate to see it undermined by one casually racist song. 

Would like to see the club actually take this on and come out and say they’d rather it wasn’t sung.  The club has made great progress in recent years in attempting to become a genuine community club. Would hate to see it undermined by one casually racist song. 

Think the club need to make clear this song isn’t welcome at games and reaffirm their stance on deliberate breaking of seats. That last thing I would want to see is the club being forced into taking action against the YT, but if they have to I’m sure they will, and some of the YT should wise up to that.

Snowflake.

Some patter this. Well done to the individual involved.

I think it’s safe to say that whatever your opinion is on what was sung, whether you thought it was a good laugh or should be consigned to the bin, you wont be swayed by what people type into a football forum.

However, if you make an assumption about someone based purely on their race, then you’re being racist. There’s no two ways about it I’m afraid.

The away support has been great this season and made a massive difference to the atmosphere, and consequently, how enjoyable going to the game is.

They’ve also got a pretty big repertoire of songs at their disposal. Could maybe give this one a rest though.

It’s not my fault your 700 years old and have forgotten what it’s like to be young. Don’t be angry at me!
My 700 year old what? Did you mean "you're"? That's why you should put the phone back in your satchel and pay attention to the teacher. That way you have an evens chance of not turning out a racist deadbeat. Although it may be too late...

Away to Thistle on a Friday night is a great fixture. The only issue might be if it’s goes to ET and penalties the last train might be hard to get.

Even if it doesn’t go to ET & Pens, it’s still pretty tight on timings, and the eventual train from Edin to Kdy.
Roughly times :-
• 7:45pm kick off, circa 9:30pm FT
•20mins walk to Kelvinbridge subway station
• 9:55pm, 6mins on Subway to Queenstreet
• 10:15pm from Queenstreet to Haymarket (Haymarket 11:12pm to Kdy 11:56pm)

Still though, the thought of being out in Glasgow before hand is excellent and completely worth it.

It’s not my fault your 700 years old and have forgotten what it’s like to be young. Don’t be angry at me!

Nobody’s trying to stop these guys having fun. The YT have been amazing at away games in particular. Ultimately though, broken seats have to be paid for and racist songs can result in fines and other sanctions and it’s the club which has to pick up the bill. Both actions damage the club’s reputation. We’re all Raith Rovers supporters and want the best for the club, we want a noisy support at games.

Really not sure what the problem is, the club have no issue with the song otherwise a statement would have been made? The player has no issue with the song? So why are there old men crying on a p&b forum when no one else is bothered, the song has been sung since Mendy came why now are you trying to shut it down? Why not 4/5 months ago?

I wouldn’t be so sure the club have no issue with this! Look, it’s literally the dictionary definition of racism and the Lukaku stuff down south has proved that this type of chant has no place in football. I’m not trying to stop the YT having fun, I love the atmosphere they create at away games in particular, it’s just one song that I think for everybody’s best interests should be parked.

IMG_3297.jpg

Hi roth ravers fans, I am Angus wife, my hubby is just jealous of mendys baseball bat lol. If anyone could get me in touch with mendy I’d like to raise the money for our sons amputate football team called “lost limbs United” by placing his bazooka cock on my head. Thanks fellow south stand suckers. Angy wife xx

5 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

Take Livingston out the draw and we would be number 13, the numbers are allocated by alphabetical order. Take livi out and Motherwell push up a number and we have slotted in at number 13.

St mirren away

Cheers, I'm happy to be corrected, although the outcome wouldn't have been any better than the previous two.