The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

That's not how it works, Livingston wouldn't have been in the draw which would have made us ball 14 making us away to Hamilton. 

As Jilted John notes, the Accies had a couple over 1,000 show for their game yesterday. Makes Livi look like a money spinner.

That's not how it works, Livingston wouldn't have been in the draw which would have made us ball 14 making us away to Hamilton. 

Take Livingston out the draw and we would be number 13, the numbers are allocated by alphabetical order. Take livi out and Motherwell push up a number and we have slotted in at number 13.

St mirren away

1 hour ago, RaithTheRover said:

Since when was the Partick semi final on a Friday night for fucks sake?

Drinking in the Glesga's leafy West End on a Friday night before heading along to a cup semi-final sounds like an absolute belter of an evening for a fitba fan if you ask me?

After being turned down by us in favour of Gary Locke I wouldn’t blame him if he did. His fortunes have favoured slightly better than ours since then right enough.
I’m fairly confident we’ll see Gullan back and it would be ideal if it was for the Montrose game. As you say, we definitely miss him and the goal threat he carries. Dingwall has been a real disappointment this season, thought he looked a good player when he joined but it’s just not happening this season.

What is Dingwall’s preferred position? Seen him numerous times and he’s not looked comfortable wide, as a No.10 or further forward.

Drinking in the Glesga's leafy West End on a Friday night before heading along to a cup semi-final sounds like an absolute belter of an evening for a fitba fan if you ask me?

Normally I’d be Rover the moon, but since it doesn’t go with my plans for that weekend I’m going to cause a fuss about it.
At least I’m honest?

I have to agree on the embarrassing Mendy song. Regardless of whether the player personally minds or not,  it’s a song that is playing to a racist stereotype and I’d like to see it binned. There’s a clear reason it’s sung about Mendy who has barely featured this season and not any of our other players who have actually contributed significantly to our title challenge. 

I’ve always been proud of how Rovers fans worked to bin I’d rather be a **** than a Par, despite there being voices in our support at the time maintaining that  it was just banter. I’d like to see this song go the same way. 

The young team created an incredible atmosphere on Saturday and added to a great day out despite the result. They’ve developed some great Rovers songs in the past few months which get a lot of the crowd joining in,  so I’m in no doubt that if they bin this song, they can easily replace it with something else everyone in our support can get behind. 

Edited by roverthemoon

55 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

What is Dingwall’s preferred position? Seen him numerous times and he’s not looked comfortable wide, as a No.10 or further forward.

I’m not sure, I seem to remember him saying when he signed he liked playing on the left and being able to drift inside. However, he’s been pretty quiet whenever played there IMO. I thought he showed promising signs as a 10 before his injury last season but it’s definitely not happened this season for him.

Missing pre season and trying to find fitness and form during the season without a reserve league can’t have helped him but he did get a run of starts a few weeks back and there’s still little sign he’s coming into form.

I have to agree on the embarrassing Mendy song. Regardless of whether the player personally minds or not,  it’s a song that is playing to a racist stereotype and I’d like to see it binned. There’s a clear reason it’s sung about Mendy who has barely featured this season and not any of our other players who have actually contributed significantly to our title challenge. 
I’ve always been proud of how Rovers fans worked to bin I’d rather be a **** than a Par, despite there being voices in our support at the time maintaining that  it was just banter. I’d like to see this song go the same way. 
The young team created an incredible atmosphere on Saturday and added to a great day out despite the result. They’ve developed some great Rovers songs in the past few months which get a lot of the crowd joining in,  so I’m in no doubt that if they bin this song, they can easily replace it with something else everyone in our support can get behind. 

Snowflakes, the song will live on