The New Raith Rovers Thread

The slight caveat with Jordan Thomson was that he did actually start very well. Put in a great performance in the away win at Ayr the opening day and then up at Tannadice in the 2-2 draw. There was clearly a player in there - and he was very young at the time. 

He was absolute brutal pretty soon after that though, but I think it was an attitude thing mostly - he had absolutely chucked it. And to be fair, so did many under the absolute charlatans we had in charge that year. I don’t think you can really judge anyone’s ability fairly from that year. Attitude aye, ability... I’m not too sure. It was a fucking shambles.

So maybe in an environment where he was happy, had actual real coaching/managing and a bit of maturity the player that was in there has come out. And then he’s improved from there.

ETA: that handball at Easter road... f**k me. When that went in you just new relaxation was coming.

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

15 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The worst part was Thompson wasn't even in our top two worst players that season. Scott Roberts takes top spot followed by Chris Johnstone. Peahearted shitebags. The lot of them. 

For me, Robert's attitude wasnt his issue. He worked hard enough. He was just genuinely shite.

Johnston was ruined by that injury. Then again maybe that streak of shitebaggery has kept him in the game, in terms of not aggravating his weaker knee.

Of course we also had Bobby Barr, ultimate shitehawk. The archetypal McKinnon signing for the final third. Works fine if the back four and midfield pivots are working hard enough to let the front four have their freedom. Utterly at sea in Locke's meat and potato lopsided 4-4-2.

Thompson deciding to virtually catch the ball just outside the box in the last minute at Easter Road, giving away a free kick from which Hibs scored to win 3-2 was some patter from him.

That said, I think I only really, really disliked him, making him my second least favourite loan player, behind Barrie McKay, who I despised.

I found a video of that free kick that I’d never seen before after posting about him on here. Big Pavol doesn’t cover himself in glory.

36 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I found a video of that free kick that I’d never seen before after posting about him on here. Big Pavol doesn’t cover himself in glory.

Fucking hell.

1 minute ago, ListerRRFC said:

If that fee for Thompson is correct, him and McKay have moved for transfer fees totalling over £2m. Would never have seen that coming based on their performances in a Raith shirt.

Wighton was reputedly sold to Hearts for £250,000

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'd managed to avoid ever seeing that. Fucking hell. 

Didn't he Harald Schumacher an Ayr player as well? Maniac. 

Mostly the young team - but not just them - have on several occasions have sung a racist stereotypical chant about Mendy (the one about a cock being massive, of course).

I’m not saying they are racists. I think they are ignorant. 

But this chant has to stop. Right now.I’ve tried several times to shout it down and - disappointingly - not many other rovers fans have joined me.

It’s embarrassing and a fucking disgrace. I feel so sorry for Mendy and the black players playing for Livingston and anyone else who is effected. Disgusting. 

I know that the Raith TV boys read this, please pass this on to the club and get this publicly stopped. Again, I don’t think it’s based on hatred. It’s ignorance. So call this out, educate and stop it now. 

For anyone in the away end. If it starts again. Boo it down immediately. If you don’t, you are condoning it.

Disappointing late collapse especially since we seemed comfortable enough at 1-0 but final result is what was expected, no shame in the result or performance.

The biggest positive is another goal for John Baird. He was in the FFP this week saying he was miles off it in terms of fitness and sharpness when he first arrived. He says he is now feeling up to speed and it had been showing in his performances recently. We still need another striker or two but if Baird can kick on in the second half of the season and be the player we thought we were getting when he signed that could be a huge. 

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Getting Miller back is huge. We need to add another centre back and someone up top. We can only really take positives from today. 

But Mendy’s back!🤣🤣🤣 

In all seriousness, I think Davo needs to be removed from a starting role, just not sure we have the bodies. Mendy is a possible, long-term solution that needs some playing time. I’m open to trying Watson at RCB, although others recoil at the suggestion. McKay can slot right into the middle CB anytime now to replace Davo...it’s McKay’s replacement as the RCB that is the dicey one right now.