The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Scored the winner to get us out of this shitfest of a league a few years back at Hampden....................................could do worse 😀

did he not then go something ridiculous like another 18 months before he scored for us again?????

20 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

did he not then go something ridiculous like another 18 months before he scored for us again?????

According to this he didn't score for three seasons.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=26216&season_id=138

TBF he was denied a perfectly good goal agains Dundee in the cup the following year.

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

That goal against Dundee being disallowed was an utter disgrace. I still remember being subdued at half time because I was convinced we'd end up being put out. 

I mind on the Sportscene highlights Pat Nevin wailing "HE'S MILES ONSIDE, HE'S MILES ONSIDE" at that decision. We were hanging on for grim death at the end too, very nearly costly. 

I mind on the Sportscene highlights Pat Nevin wailing "HE'S MILES ONSIDE, HE'S MILES ONSIDE" at that decision. We were hanging on for grim death at the end too, very nearly costly. 

I mind thinking Pat Nevin must’ve been drunk during that commentary.

53 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I mind thinking Pat Nevin must’ve been drunk during that commentary.

Aye, I always remember his shout of ‘It’s like a La Liga game!’ Of course it is Pat...

One of my favourite Rovers games that. 3000 away fans, Mark Campbell back in front of the fans before kick off, Grant Murray kicking and heading his own players to get to the ball as we defended for our lives second half, through to our first Scottish Cup semi final in almost 50 years and that Laurie Ellis goal and celebration 😍.

12 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Sounds from McGlynn’s pre match interview that we were/are in the market for a defender. ‘We were hoping to try and do something else which may have allowed Fernandy to stay out, unfortunately that didn’t materialise so certainly in the meantime, if not till the end of the season, Fernandy will be back here.’

It has been reported well before the set back with Anderson that McGlynn had 2 specific signing targets in mind. If we are now looking at a defensive signing, I wonder if the budget will stretch to all 3 or if one of the positions he was looking at previously will need to be sacrificed?

You can have Durnan free gratis. 

Did I dream it or did his brother play for us too? I’m sure he was either on trial or played in a friendly or reserve game?

Aye, him did. I think as a trialist in a challenge cup or league cup game or something. He was basically a poor mans Graham Weir and wasn’t signed.

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I know this is tired ground and my thoughts are known on him, but Jordan Thompson has just signed for Stoke for what is reported as being £750,000.

I don’t know what to say.

That is fucking outrageous. 

Thompson deciding to virtually catch the ball just outside the box in the last minute at Easter Road, giving away a free kick from which Hibs scored to win 3-2 was some patter from him.

That said, I think I only really, really disliked him, making him my second least favourite loan player, behind Barrie McKay, who I despised.

Was Andy Walker on loan to us as well? I hated him too but he hated and still hates us I'm sure

The Fife Free Press used to rate players 1-10 during his spell, and he averaged 3 point something or other for us, which was probably generous.

We apparently wanted to cancel his loan and he refused, which doesn’t make a lick of sense to me, but there you go.