The New Raith Rovers Thread

McKay, Bene and Davo have all been fine this season (when not suspended) I’m not seeing the rush to get Mendy back in the team just to see if he’s any good yet.

McGlynn sees him in training so will have a good idea of the level he’s currently at. If he’s improved he may get his chance eventually but if McGlynn still doesn’t think he’s ready why take an unnecessary risk? As said above Saturday is against Premier League opposition where we will likely lose by a couple regardless who plays. If we lose 4 or 5 his confidence is permanently ruined.

After that we have Montrose and Airdrie, two massive games, no chance I would be gambling by throwing him into that if we don’t have to.

58 minutes ago, renton said:

Do we really think Cal was a target?

No I was thinking of attackers, although I had heard that a  certain member of the Raith board was very keen to bring Cal back too.

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

For him to fail against higher league opposition and fans to inevitably get the pitchforks out and we’re back to square one? 🤷🏼‍♂️ stick him in against reasonable opposition and build his confidence at this level in my opinion

Yep. Leave him on the bench and use him when he's needed. Nothing to be gained by chucking him in. 

Why didn't the interviewer ask about potential signings, we wouldn't be given names but might be given an insight to see if we are getting closer to a deal or 2.
Judging by McGlynn's comments in the FFP today we don't seem particularly close to completing any deal. I'll be pleasantly surprised if anyone is in place for the Montrose match.

Incidentally, the Falkirk game has been rescheduled for the 3rd of March I see.

Sounds from McGlynn’s pre match interview that we were/are in the market for a defender. ‘We were hoping to try and do something else which may have allowed Fernandy to stay out, unfortunately that didn’t materialise so certainly in the meantime, if not till the end of the season, Fernandy will be back here.’

It has been reported well before the set back with Anderson that McGlynn had 2 specific signing targets in mind. If we are now looking at a defensive signing, I wonder if the budget will stretch to all 3 or if one of the positions he was looking at previously will need to be sacrificed?

9 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I saw Graham Weir walking along Links Street this morning with a pair of Puma Kings in a Sports Direct bag.

Scored the winner to get us out of this shitfest of a league a few years back at Hampden....................................could do worse 😀