The New Raith Rovers Thread

I wonder if the club is expecting any movement for Bowie in this window. Unless their was a loan back agreement in place we could suddenly find ourselves down Gullan, Bowie and Allan (presumably with some money for Bowie).

Imagine going into February with only Baird, Anderson and Smith...

50 minutes ago, renton said:

I wonder if the club is expecting any movement for Bowie in this window. Unless their was a loan back agreement in place we could suddenly find ourselves down Gullan, Bowie and Allan (presumably with some money for Bowie).

Imagine going into February with only Baird, Anderson and Smith...

Alternatively imagine going into Feb with a deal done for Bowie (but retained until May), a new proven goalscorer and Allan still to come back before seasons end.

Come on Rent's try looking at the half full glass and not the half empty one. Personally I don't see Bowie going anywhere in this window but I do reckon we will see Gullan back and a striker coming in, also we may as well speculate on Allan coming back in as not as nobody knows what the score with him is.  I know we aren't the luckiest of outfits but I don't think we will arrive looking down the barrel February with a negative triple whammy.

Our midfield is our best aspect, two midfields that get forward and create, and another that can control the tempo against the vast majority of teams we will face.
McGlynn had the defence spot on, but injuries to S. Anderson and Michael Miller, whilst our other centre halves love a red card. I honestly feel like we could re-employ the 5 (or 3?) at the back system, with McKay or a certain French tank taking up the centre role.
About Mendy, oh my god. I’ve seen Kelty play 3 times this season, and what a physical presence he has (worth noting, a way lower standard compared to this.), but I genuinely think he could be handy. He’s incredibly composed, his English is improving game-by-game and I’ve yet to see him lose an arial battle. If McGlynn and Smith are still wary of throwing in the deep-end, and the rumours of a Kelty return are true, then I see no other option than to terminate Anderson’s loan (if that’s even possible) and to try and find another loanee centre-back.
And about our attack, unless Bowie learns how to use his strength and header a ball, and Baird will suddenly start hitting his Forfar form, we need Gullan back. There’s no going around that. We won’t win a title without a goal-scorer, or a competent defence.

It is a shame that it hasn't worked for Callachan in the Premier League. It was always going to be a massive jump from League One for him, though. 

Still bitter we sold him when we did. We wouldn't still be in this dump if we'd kept him the season. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

It is a shame that it hasn't worked for Callachan in the Premier League. It was always going to be a massive jump from League One for him, though. 

Still bitter we sold him when we did. We wouldn't still be in this dump if we'd kept him the season. 

Agree pivotal point in that season, we sold Rosco, and Ayr signed Shankland

It would’ve been utter lunacy for Callachan coming back. Anyway the midfield we have already pose a threat going forward. It’s defensive and forward players we need. I have supreme confidence that Tait will finish the season in the first team. What’s the script with our signing targets if any? Will it be loans or a permanent signing.

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

Mcglynn mentioned that it was permanent signings we were in for. However that’s not to say if he doesn’t get his targets that he won’t look at the loan market I’m sure.

No so easy to get decent permanent signings in January as we've found out with our annual squad rotation being held then.

35 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Mcglynn mentioned that it was permanent signings we were in for. However that’s not to say if he doesn’t get his targets that he won’t look at the loan market I’m sure.

The problem being I think that  2 of the main targets have been taken the table.

8 hours ago, RaithTheRover said:

Our midfield is our best aspect, two midfields that get forward and create, and another that can control the tempo against the vast majority of teams we will face.
McGlynn had the defence spot on, but injuries to S. Anderson and Michael Miller, whilst our other centre halves love a red card. I honestly feel like we could re-employ the 5 (or 3?) at the back system, with McKay or a certain French tank taking up the centre role.
About Mendy, oh my god. I’ve seen Kelty play 3 times this season, and what a physical presence he has (worth noting, a way lower standard compared to this.), but I genuinely think he could be handy. He’s incredibly composed, his English is improving game-by-game and I’ve yet to see him lose an arial battle. If McGlynn and Smith are still wary of throwing in the deep-end, and the rumours of a Kelty return are true, then I see no other option than to terminate Anderson’s loan (if that’s even possible) and to try and find another loanee centre-back.
And about our attack, unless Bowie learns how to use his strength and header a ball, and Baird will suddenly start hitting his Forfar form, we need Gullan back. There’s no going around that. We won’t win a title without a goal-scorer, or a competent defence.

Imo put Mendy in on Saturday unless he is cup tied and see how he fairs. 

9 hours ago, RaithTheRover said:

Without looking into it too much with the rules on players returning from Loam spells. We are only allowed 5 loan players a season and 4 at any one time. Will Gullan if returns to Hibs for a week or so constitute a new loan agreement ? With Him as a potential two , Anderson , Munro , we ain't we ain't got much we can bring in on loan.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Edited by foreverarover

Imo put Mendy in on Saturday unless he is cup tied and see how he fairs. 

For him to fail against higher league opposition and fans to inevitably get the pitchforks out and we’re back to square one? 🤷🏼‍♂️ stick him in against reasonable opposition and build his confidence at this level in my opinion