The New Raith Rovers Thread

How the f**k does a small injury keeping him out a couple of games morph into 4-6 weeks, and now this? 

Absolutely ridiculous. It's like a delayed train; the delay keeps increasing and then it gets cancelled. 

Edited by Michael W

You can't free up a loan.
IIRC we have/had three players on loan, the limit is four per season.

Isn’t it 4 max at any one time in the season, so say we maxed out the 4 first half, and Gullan & Anderson go back we have 2 loan spaces available?

44 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Press and Journal says it will take a 5 figure sum for Sutherland to leave Elgin. Not happening. 

Yeah, no chance if that’s the case. I only picked it up from the good old BBC gossip column which said we were interested, it didn’t have any further detail.

With regards to the loans I’m sure it’s 4 at one time rather than in total for the season. Unless the rules have changed this season. We had Barjonas, Hendry, Wright, Silva, McGuffie, Gullan and Crane on loan throughout last season but no more than 4 at once. 

Regarding Sando, at the very least Benedictus looks far more like his old self prior to his leg break, and McKay has made a solid case for a first team start.

Priority should still be a couple of forwards. 

Regarding Sando, at the very least Benedictus looks far more like his old self prior to his leg break, and McKay has made a solid case for a first team start.
Priority should still be a couple of forwards. 

We’ve got Mendy, we don’t need Sando...

9 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I think Mendy's naivety will have been sorted out by now. I don't think his  two game shockers are likely to be repeated now.

Wasnt so much naivety as simply being no where near the pace of the game, agree though that his time at Kelty should have brought him up a bit since then.

Will we ever have a full squad fit? Serious question.

Can it only be bad luck for a while? Are we doing something wrong (something in training, signing too players who are prone to injury? Not valuing robustness enough when thinking about who to sign?)?

Its fucking ridiculous 😂

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

17 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Will we ever have a full squad fit? Serious question.

Can it only be bad luck for a while? Are we doing something wrong (something in training, signing too players who are prone to injury? Not valuing robustness enough when thinking about who to sign?)?

Its fucking ridiculous 😂

It seems to have been for a number of years over different managers, players, training facilities and physios as well. There’s not an obvious reason although there are certain players with a history of injuries. I honestly can’t remember the last time we had a full squad to choose from.

John McGlynn’s second spell has lasted 468 days so far and we have had 65 games in that time, he has never had a full squad to pick from. With Vaughan and Anderson’s injuries that isn’t going to change any time soon.

Also, and I don’t want to tempt fate here, but I think Kieran MacDonald is the only player who has been available for every game this season (and even then he came off against Stranraer injured). Out of a squad of 24...

Edited by R.R.FC