The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Pay less in wages? Dunfermline were able to post a profit at this level. Considering the moral high ground Raith fans like to take with regards to finances I'm surprised they're being so blasé about their financial results. 

If we paid less in wages we'd be going part-time anyway. We had this issue last season where players were opting for PT because we couldn't pay them enough to make it worth their while in full-time football . Consequence of being where we are, and we at least addressed that this year by bringing in some player on part-time deals. Hopefully that helps to reduce our costs too. 

I am not happy at all with our finances - I have no idea what the tolerance for losses being covered is, and it is clear that yet another season in this league will be a disaster. We are not in a good position at all. 

In terms of how this position will improve? That remains to be seen. I don't anticipate us sacking McGlynn and we also have the supporter's fund chipping in so that should help us out. The rest is ultimately dependent on how good our attendance forecasting was against the budget set. On the downside, we will get put out the cup by Livi in front of 1200 people rather than Hibs, so we will miss that boost. 

Reread the books, the Par lost money in the 217-2018 season, not made it, until supporter donations of over 300,000 were considered income. It also only looks so much rosier because of a large amount of donated time. Sorry, that’s not financial leadership, it’s brinksmanship.

27 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Reread the books, the Par lost money in the 217-2018 season, not made it, until supporter donations of over 300,000 were considered income. It also only looks so much rosier because of a large amount of donated time. Sorry, that’s not financial leadership, it’s brinksmanship.

So you're saying if you were to remove 300,000 pounds we'd post a loss? Truly a fantastic insight. I get the impression you're not familiar with the centenary club, look it up. 

8 hours ago, RaithTheRover said:

Can’t believe Dunfermline fans are ripping us over finances.
IMG_2626.jpg

They must be shite then eh

9 hours ago, raith1974 said:

. Remember though it was only the chairmans fault and nobody else's. He put them millions of pounds in debt. 

So is it your fault that you've posted all these hundred of thousands pounds losses the last few seasons? 

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Don't think anyone is burying their head in the sand. It's pretty much universally recognised that the numbers don't make good reading. 

However, it's a good chunk reduced from how it was the year previously. It's a step in the right direction, and doesn't include this season where the club have reduced the playing budget further and incorporated a part time element. 

We were never really in a title race last season, so every home league game from Jan onwards was a nothing game. Whilst Starks Park will never be filled to the rafters, an extra few hundred fans through the gate if the team are going for the title will help. 

I would imagine that going totally part time alone wouldn't make enough of a chunk in the deficit. Its also a far too simplistic view. A totally part time Rovers side would likely be pretty shite, meaning gates would be lower etc. Granted, another season in this league would mean we have to look at additional ways of trimming costs. 

The club are trying to address it. The best and most obvious route to help the situation is by winning promotion which leads to higher gates and greater prize money. The club have tried to maintain a competitive squad whilst reducing the costs, and have released initiatives such as the players fund which has almost £5k per month.

Add to that a new hospitality/sponsorship lounge and a range of Cup anniversary merchandise that sold out very quickly. Nobody at Raith Rovers are sitting on their hands hoping this will go away. The harsh reality is that the club need promotion, and are trying to achieve that in a measured way. 

It's not burying head in sand. Its a complex situation that has no easy answer, but steps are being taken and there at least some small signs its moving in the right direction. 

Good Post. 

In the last 20 years have you not spent about half of it at this level? Not a dig but surely you shouldn't be in a position where unless you're competing in the championship you're not financially viable? 

"The best and most obvious route to help the situation is by winning promotion which leads to higher gates and greater prize money. The club have tried to maintain a competitive squad" 

That's incredibly dodgy is it not? Speculating to accumulate hasn't been a financially viable model for many clubs in Scotland. 

While it is simplistic to say that part time would solve all of Raiths worldly problems, there surely must be allot to say it would cost less to support a part time setup than a full time, or even hybrid setup? Things are looking allot more positive on the football front and hopefully you do come up, but if you don't what's the end game? How much can you continue to lose etc? 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

If we paid less in wages we'd be going part-time anyway. We had this issue last season where players were opting for PT because we couldn't pay them enough to make it worth their while in full-time football . Consequence of being where we are, and we at least addressed that this year by bringing in some player on part-time deals. Hopefully that helps to reduce our costs too. 

I am not happy at all with our finances - I have no idea what the tolerance for losses being covered is, and it is clear that yet another season in this league will be a disaster. We are not in a good position at all. 

In terms of how this position will improve? That remains to be seen. I don't anticipate us sacking McGlynn and we also have the supporter's fund chipping in so that should help us out. The rest is ultimately dependent on how good our attendance forecasting was against the budget set. On the downside, we will get put out the cup by Livi in front of 1200 people rather than Hibs, so we will miss that boost. 

Do you have supporters meetings where you can ask questions of the board with regards to these issues? They've been absolutely fantastic for providing answers and insights into the running of the club since we got our new board, also helps connect the club to the fans and its from these that we found out how many volunteers we could get etc. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

So you're saying if you were to remove 300,000 pounds we'd post a loss? Truly a fantastic insight. I get the impression you're not familiar with the centenary club, look it up. 

They must be shite then eh

So is it your fault that you've posted all these hundred of thousands pounds losses the last few seasons? 

Good Post. 

In the last 20 years have you not spent about half of it at this level? Not a dig but surely you shouldn't be in a position where unless you're competing in the championship you're not financially viable? 

"The best and most obvious route to help the situation is by winning promotion which leads to higher gates and greater prize money. The club have tried to maintain a competitive squad" 

That's incredibly dodgy is it not? Speculating to accumulate hasn't been a financially viable model for many clubs in Scotland. 

While it is simplistic to say that part time would solve all of Raiths worldly problems, there surely must be allot to say it would cost less to support a part time setup than a full time, or even hybrid setup? Things are looking allot more positive on the football front and hopefully you do come up, but if you don't what's the end game? How much can you continue to lose etc? 

Go back to the pars forum you weapon. If nobody was covering our losses for us wouldn’t we be getting points deducted? YOUR team was administrated so pipe down and fk off.

10 minutes ago, RaithRover123 said:

Go back to the pars forum you weapon. If nobody was covering our losses for us wouldn’t we be getting points deducted? YOUR team was administrated so pipe down and fk off.

Eh, the poor, wee laddie is just looking over his future home with the Pars in terrible form (including a loss to the bottom team) and only 3 points, and  a few goals, out of a relegation playoff spot.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Eh, the poor, wee laddie is just looking over his future home with the Pars in terrible form (including a loss to the bottom team) and only 3 points, and  a few goals, out of a relegation playoff spot.

Any more startling insights into the accounts? Have you considered how bad Raith would be if you were to subtract 300,000 from your accounts? I bet you'd post a bigger loss! Shocking right? 

1 hour ago, RaithRover123 said:

Head not in the sand at least. 

It's almost like I know from personal experience that posting big losses year on year isn't very good, by your logic that providing you aren't getting points deduction everything is rosey where on earth did our financial catastrophe come from? I don't think any club in Scotland has been given a points deduction for having bad finances pre admin, it's simply not a thing. 

Having a financial model for a club thst is only sustainable at a level where they spend about half there time isn't sustainable. 

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Any more startling insights into the accounts? Have you considered how bad Raith would be if you were to subtract 300,000 from your accounts? I bet you'd post a bigger loss! Shocking right? 

Head not in the sand at least. 

It's almost like I know from personal experience that posting big losses year on year isn't very good, by your logic that providing you aren't getting points deduction everything is rosey where on earth did our financial catastrophe come from? I don't think any club in Scotland has been given a points deduction for having bad finances pre admin, it's simply not a thing. 

Having a financial model for a club thst is only sustainable at a level where they spend about half there time isn't sustainable. 

Get a life.

12 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Something comforting  to see opposing supporters showng concern regards our finances.I think our board should heed any advice ,suggestions or expert opinions on finances from those along the road

From a team that posted a profit at this level running a full time set up while running away with the league? 

Wouldn't be a bad shout tbf. 

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

From a team that posted a profit at this level running a full time set up while running away with the league? 

Nevermind with Crawford and Dair in charge it looks like relegation is a distinct possibility. Here's hoping.

Enough of this pish patter.

In other news, that's the Longridge rumours quashed. https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-respond-to-reports-over-interest-in-falkirk-s-louis-longridge-1-5071526

Who're we all wanting in this Transfer window? Who do we think JMcG's two targets are?

20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I seem to remember the Pars chairman saying last summer that their financial figures to June 2019 were going to be dreadful. He said that their actual attendances had plummeted and were nothing like the figures given, as they included the 2000 freebie season tickets given away, and that was one of the reasons for stopping them this season. 

Just wondered if they'd ever been made public. 

16 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Do you? 

You won't find a pars fan anywhere who will claim that we're the pinnacle of financial management, however you'll find plenty(well, a wee amount) of Raith fans happy to give plenty of advice about how Dunfermline should be living within there means, how they shouldn't overspend, etc, etc, etc. 

And yet here we are, how much have you lost in the past three years? It's utter head in the sand stuff in this thread, you have people talking about seriously trying to sing Louis Longridge when you're not even sustainable in your current guise! It's fucking mental. Good luck to ya, if it makes your accounts look easier on the eye then certainly cast yours over how shite ours used to be, that certainly didn't end up in a laughing matter. 

If you're lucky we'll toddle along the road and prop you up with the black and white pound when it all goes to shit, we've been there before, we know how to get out. Certainly the first step isn't burying your head in the sand and thinking it's going to be OK. 

The Sun is saying we are trying to sign Longridge not any fans! As for finances the Difference between the Rovers and the Pars is we are doing something about it and you have the cheek of having a picture of Hardie in one of your replies a player you signed and couldn’t afford then shag  up the arse local businesses aye right enough