The New Raith Rovers Thread

The Sun (I know) has us in for Louis Longridge. I would imagine Falkirk would offer more than us so he will likely stay there but would be excellent business if we could get him in. He’s been a standout for Falkirk in the games against us.

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

Is Longridge not rumoured to be leaving Falkirk because he's after more money? If that is the case, I'd be amazed if he ended up at Stark's.

Decent player though. Couple more volleys like his effort against Rangers and he'll do just fine.

Likewise, I’d imagine we have spoken to him but we’ll be offering less than Falkirk. I think there’s every chance our interest is being used to get the deal he wants at Falkirk. 

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 18:24, Sheevedaw said:
On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 18:23, Scary Bear said:
What was all the applause about today then?

Because he had a decent game?

Were we watching the same game?

29 minutes ago, Holy Marv said:

Were we watching the same game?

Clearly not.

Thought he put a shift in. He done a fairly good job with his hold up play and some great vision with his passing. Should have been on the score sheet as well.

He's not exactly set the heather alight but he definitely brings something to the team.

The Sun will have picked up the Longridge rumour based on a person on here linking us to him. The tabloid hacks are notoriously lazy and use the forum to add column inches when they're struggling. Theres numerous examples like David Bingham to Ayr and John Stewart to us over the last few years.

22 minutes ago, Sheevedaw said:

Clearly not.

Thought he put a shift in. He done a fairly good job with his hold up play and some great vision with his passing. Should have been on the score sheet as well.

He's not exactly set the heather alight but he definitely brings something to the team.

Exactly this

Baird’s been honking. Slow, lots of misplaced passes, one goal. I was really pleased when he came back considering his performances at Forfar but underwhelmed doesn’t do it justice.

Lewis Allan has been castigated for his overall play, lack of goals etc but he has been no worse than Baird - and has far more goals as well.

Having said that, reckon our best front 3 is Gullan, GAndo and Bowie.

Hibs have a friendly on Friday in Spain against Willem II. So he’ll presumably either play in that, and then play for us on Saturday. Or he’ll fly home before the friendly which would surely indicate Hibs aren’t really considering having him in the first team squad at this time, and he’ll rejoin us after the Livingston game.

Hibs have a friendly on Friday in Spain against Willem II. So he’ll presumably either play in that, and then play for us on Saturday. Or he’ll fly home before the friendly which would surely indicate Hibs aren’t really considering having him in the first team squad at this time, and he’ll rejoin us after the Livingston game.
I don't see how it could benefit us him flying back after playing what would presumably be 45 minutes to then play 90 minutes the next day. He's not going to be firing on all cylinders.