The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

As I recall one of your more relatively recent former chairmen was notoriously paying players with cash in brown envelopes, I trust that's no longer goes on?

It is easy to make money when you don't pay tax, just ask that other team from the West of Fife.  

Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel Scotty boy. You seriously going back a decade to Willie Gray? 

Even if he was (I have no knowledge of this) it's hardly relevant to Raith's massive unsustainable loss now is it?

You need to take less sugar on your Cheerios neebur.

4 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel Scotty boy. You seriously going back a decade to Willie Gray? 

Even if he was (I have no knowledge of this) it's hardly relevant to Raith's massive unsustainable loss now is it?

Relative?

Depends on what sharp practices the Fife are dealing in these days.

Interesting though that you had no knowledge of it yet still knew exactly which Chairman it was.

Edited by Scottydog

10 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Relative?

Depends on what sharp practices the Fife are dealing in these days.

Interesting though that you had no knowledge of it yet still knew exactly which Chairman it was.

All above board at the Fife I'm sure. 

now you're being a bit silly regarding dodgy chairmen. Doesn't exactly take a lot of working out Scotty Sherlock. The associated nonsense was well documented long before he came to us. Short memories and all that.

1 minute ago, Stevo Fife said:

All above board at the Fife I'm sure. 

now you're being a bit silly regarding dodgy chairmen. Doesn't exactly take a lot of working out Scotty Sherlock. The associated nonsense was well documented long before he came to us. Short memories and all that.

We only have your word for that and tbh it's not worth all that much neebs.

Nothing at all wrong with my memory, his brown envelopes days were all in Methil, it was dodgy betting he was cited for before we bulleted him.

I have pretty good recall, in fact can even remember that time East Fife beat us back in the 80's.......and even the other even dodgier Chairman you had (JD).

Bring the cuddy back son it's brighter and funnier than you.

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

We only have your word for that and tbh it's not worth all that much neebs.

Nothing at all wrong with my memory, his brown envelopes days were all in Methil, it was dodgy betting he was cited for before we bulleted him.

I have pretty good recall, in fact can even remember that time East Fife beat us back in the 80's.......and even the other even dodgier Chairman you had (JD).

Bring the cuddy back son it's brighter and funnier than you.

It matters not whether it was dodgy betting or tax evasion. His time at your mob is well documented so you cant really use that one now can you?  Silly Billy.

I'm pleased for you that your memory is so good although I fail to see the point nor relevance of JD. That's the kind of immature response we come to expect from Frank.  I appreciate it's all about point scoring now. Again you're scraping the bottom of the barrel which would appear to be your level.

200k in the red. Not to be sniffed at Scotty boy.

Oooft.

When you say ‘unsustainable loss’ you do realise we have been in the red for about twenty years? Seems to be sustainable enough to me.

6 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

When you say ‘unsustainable loss’ you do realise we have been in the red for about twenty years? Seems to be sustainable enough to me.

There's a significant difference between being in the red for 20 years and the current debt that Rovers are racking up in a Seaside League.

Either way, it's not something I'd be smug about m9. 

Anyway, I'm bailing before Scotty chokes on his chocolate hoops. 

Enjoy the rest of the season. 

9 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

IIRC, last year East Fife showed an operating profit of 14k. I'm sure this year won't be much different.

just sayin.

Noted the "scenes" at the end last week as the big club finally put the wee team in their place.

funny old game football.

The Livi business model is obviously the way to go these days. 

If it all goes wrong you’ve always got Cowdenbeath.

5 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png.

Always wondered why more teams don't go down this business model when it seems to work so successfully

Why are you laughing? They have a nice new modern stadium (with four sides), they’ve won the League Cup, played in Europe, and have had more seasons in the top flight than either of us have in the last 30 years. It’s a proven successful business model!

There's a significant difference between being in the red for 20 years and the current debt that Rovers are racking up in a Seaside League.
Either way, it's not something I'd be smug about m9. 
Anyway, I'm bailing before Scotty chokes on his chocolate hoops. 
Enjoy the rest of the season. 
Debt and loss are not one of the same, they do not necessarily equal each other.

12 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

IIRC, last year East Fife showed an operating profit of 14k. I'm sure this year won't be much different.

just sayin.

Your surplus should be even greater this season as you have Falkirk paying a couple of visits as well. 

East Fife will have to devise a contingency plan however for when the Rovers eventually go back upstairs and the navy blue pound is no more. 

The 1800 or so fans we bring is like three extra home gates to you and once you add on the increase in hospitality takings and the extra locals who turn out to watch the big games, it all points to a period of austerity for East Fife. 

Nah not having that!
Hendry was kicked by whichever East Fife player could get near him, was/is he  being targeted? I think so.
Davo on the other hand doesn't target any particular player, he just kicks who ever is nearest, far less discriminate. 

Anyway his last sending against you off wasn't blatant just a tad late, worth bearing in mind at his age he got there as soon as he could.[emoji6]

Still a great player for us Davo C.O.Y.R

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Your surplus should be even greater this season as you have Falkirk paying a couple of visits as well. 

East Fife will have to devise a contingency plan however for when the Rovers eventually go back upstairs and the navy blue pound is no more. 

The 1800 or so fans we bring is like three extra home gates to you and once you add on the increase in hospitality takings and the extra locals who turn out to watch the big games, it all points to a period of austerity for East Fife. 

I'm fairly certain East Fife will cut their cloth accordingly. Seemed to manage just fine when Raith used to be viewed as a bigger club all those years ago. 

At least the new pitch at San Starko is generating much needed income.

Oh wait a minute... 

No disrespect Specky as you seem a rounded enough poster, but it's not really about East Fife. We' seem to be coping just fine financially, unlike some. 

For what it's worth I don't think you'll go up this season so things are only going to get worse for a club who seem desperate to get back to the Championship.