The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Where you seeing about Steven Anderson?

Paul Smith interview on the website says a scan this week showed a tear in his hip flexor, out for 5-6 weeks minimum. Sounds like Armstrong is only a couple of weeks away now. Michael Miller shouldn’t be too far away, recovering well.

Interesting line from McGlynn on Allan’s illness in the Fife Free Press ‘That’s a private and personal situation and that’s as much as I’m going to say on that.’ Hope it’s nothing too serious and wish him well for his recovery. 

Armstrong is out for up to two months per the Courier this morning. 

That's a nightmare having S. Anderson out for so long tbh - was expecting him back. 

Not good on Allan - hope he is being given the time and space needed to recover. 

I am a little surprised that we will retain Munro given we are well-stocked for 'keepers. 

Edited by Michael W

5 hours ago, Jilted John said:

The fact, that on fantalk, you have Steven Anderson down as being able to play RM tells me you’re probably wrong.

Strangely enough, that’s one I’m confident is “true” in a relative sense. He has played at midfield, but I’m pretty confident he wouldn’t thrive there these days. That doesn’t mean, like Davo, he couldn’t do it for a time, if necessary.

Timescales for injuries have been all over the place. Very strange and frustrating that a player goes from imminently available, to out for almost 2 months. Not the first player it's happened to this season. 

Timescales for injuries have been all over the place. Very strange and frustrating that a player goes from imminently available, to out for almost 2 months. Not the first player it's happened to this season. 

Anderson has picked up another injury. Whether it’s a reoccurrence or not, I’ve no idea, but clearly he was set to play last Saturday and is now out for a while.

Armstrong/Jack Smith three weeks away. Miller showing progress at last but no timescale. Anderson a minimum of five-six weeks. Allan indefinitely out perhaps. Davidson back next week, Matthews back this week.

Likely to be a similar line-up to the East Fife game, maybe even the same.

5 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

I heard you guys are looking at Durnan as cover. Just a rumour, so it might not be true...

I wouldn't be getting too wet over that rumour if I was you, I'd say that's a highly unlikely one as we don't need to bring any fresh bombscare defenders in.  It's true we do need someone who can  play rightback but I'd seriously doubt he's one of the two McGlynn is chasing.

48 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

These rumours.

Honestly for fuk sake, just inventing something and putting after it' it might just be a rumour' is less use than Durnan!

I heard that we are signing a prolific striker, we are putting all our window money into the one guy in a make or break deal. This is a very well known young striker who will rip this league apart. But this is just a rumour, it might not be true.

See what I mean with the rumour pish?

For those who need telling, that isnt a rumour I made it up to show how fcking stupid it is to say some shit and stick 'it's a rumour' might not be true' at the end of it"!

35 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

I heard you guys are looking at Durnan as cover. Just a rumour, so it might not be true...

Safe to say it’s not true...

6 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

He was frightening at this level 7/8 years ago when QotS were down here but was torture for Dundee United and apparently just as bad for Falkirk

And let's not get the penalty he conceded against us last season when we thumped the Pars in the cup.