The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, RRFCJack95 said:

Just here to speak about the fact that Jamie Watson has been thrown into the team from playing bare minimum before hand and had been in my eyes a stand out performer. Regardless of the few mistakes which are inevitable with a young player who hasn’t played much football I think he has been fantastic considering the circumstances

I agree that McKay and Watson have both done well and are solid pieces for the team. Watson could do with development on his left thou, as he was abysmal at LWB...but on the right side, he’s a solid starter. I’d like to see him tried out at RCB in a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 when Miller returns, see something like Miller/Watson/McKay/Bene/MacDonald (with an eye toward the future and knowing that Mendy is a possible replacement for Bene if he develops like JMcG expects) in a game with less importance.

4 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I think Scottydog has been playing football manager too if he thinks that Bowie will be going to Spurs etc.

No John I never said that, I merely quoted who had scouted him at games, of course they may have been there to watch Davo or Bene.

Personally I think he’ll go to an English Championship side and there been a few of them scouting him too.

The scouts sit in the main stand making notes every time Bowie does something good and if you are in or near the queue at the office pre game you often hear scouts asking for their comps by quoting the teams the represent.

No John I never said that, I merely quoted who had scouted him at games, of course they may have been there to watch Davo or Bene.
Personally I think he’ll go to an English Championship side and there been a few of them scouting him too.
The scouts sit in the main stand making notes every time Bowie does something good and if you are in or near the queue at the office pre game you often hear scouts asking for their comps by quoting the teams the represent.
Why do scouts get into the games for free?

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Why do scouts get into the games for free?

Same deal for any team, if Davo is being sent to Airdrie on Saturday to watch Forfar, Rovers will email Airdrie for a complimentary to be put aside for him. Although not a written thing as far as I know all clubs abide by these considerations.

1 hour ago, RRFCJack95 said:

Just here to speak about the fact that Jamie Watson has been thrown into the team from playing bare minimum before hand and had been in my eyes a stand out performer. Regardless of the few mistakes which are inevitable with a young player who hasn’t played much football I think he has been fantastic considering the circumstances

His chip into the box for the first goal on Saturday was right on the money for Brad to nod on for Jamie to fire home.

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Sticking with the Rangers/Sevco theme. Bates was another one. Not good enough for a regular game with Rovers, then away to Sevco, and becoming a Scottish international player. I feel some Rovers fans are not the best judges of a players capabilities.

TBF Davo could have played for scotland at that time,and probably could just now 😀

On Gullan, he’s been very good and is getting better each week. He carries a constant goal threat and being able to score from Range ‘out of nothing’ is quite unique at this level. In a squad that lacks a main goal-getting striker, I think not getting him for the rest of the season would go in the ‘disaster’ category. 

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

TBF Davo could have played for scotland at that time,and probably could just now 😀

Davo is a good player for the most part. He’s just never learnt to shut his yap. And now he’s added liking a bit of time off with a convenient sending off to his game.

On Gullan, he’s been very good and is getting better each week. He carries a constant goal threat and being able to score from Range ‘out of nothing’ is quite unique at this level. In a squad that lacks a main goal-getting striker, I think not getting him for the rest of the season would go in the ‘disaster’ category. 

Does he want to stay is the key question?

58 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Does he want to stay is the key question?

Does Hibs want him to stay with us or warm their bench? Honestly, game time benefits him and us, at the possible expense of Smith and/or Bowie. It’s, on the balance, better for us if he stays. It would be better if he was more of an example for Bowie and Smith to look up to, but it’s a start. Drop Baird, keep Gullan and team him with Bowie/Smith.

16 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Agree with all of that but would also add that he's a lightweight shitehawk who gives up far too easily. First goal for Dumbarton came from him being out muscled in midfield and failing to either try to hold the ball  or once he lost it to try and get it back or to at the very least foul the lad.

You can't not try and keep the lad, cause he can score goals which is a premium in our strikers but he's definitely infuriating when playing in a role the requires any kind of hold up play, or defensive responsibilities.

Edited by renton