The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not sure QotS will have a huge/if any sell on fee. We've managed to turn the club around and are quite well run now, haven't made a loss in about 4 years and the debt is down to about 400k from 2m. We've broke even for the financial year last year including debt reduction so any profit goes in to reducing that. Took a lot of power to get us back to this way but I'm glad the Massones and Flynns of days gone are finally out. 

Reckon whatever fee we get will go to eliminating the debt and then the rest goes to ground improvements and squad improvements. We're somehow doing well enough to go on a Portuguese winter break to play Anderlecht and Ajax's youth team [emoji3] 

It has been one hell of a turnaround for you the past few seasons. Having got your debt down without going into admin again is the biggest surprise. I'm not having a pop with that. You obviously get the away gates and prize money associated with being in the premiership so that will help with your jaunts to Portugal. I look forward to our game having never been to your stadium before, so it's another one to tick off the list. Having watched Dykes last season against us, how your getting the money reported is beyond me.

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

From the sounds of it we're quids in to the sum of 2m+ apparently when Dykes goes*

*Not that I believe that mind but I reckon he'll break our fee in record which is 1m for Fernandez to Celtic

Fine just give us the thick end of £300k and as long as you can persuade Ziggy his future is in West Lothian he's all yours.....in May.

Mind you Tottenham and Arsenal are scouting him too so I doubt he'll be interested.

PS. still not forgiven you twats for fucking us over on the Big Marv, Toasty and Tosh deal so I've changed my mind it's £2M now otherwise you can bolt!

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
38 minutes ago, ac-rrfc said:
Callaghan would never work out for us at this time when the money could be spent elsewhere. Great player at this level and honestly think if he’d have stayed a few years back we would have went up, but he’s not getting in the the team just now. Mattethews is the only player he’d get in ahead of imho and it’s just not worth it.

If we still had a player like Nisbet we’d be running away with the league as the rest of the squad is sound. Even the cover apart from in the fullback position is good. Baird hasn’t scored the goals like everyone thought he would but I would be in no rush to get rid of him, he and ando were massive in the win yesterday.

Keeping gullan in January could also be massive in our season. Anyone know how long he’s tied to us for?

For me a striker in January is key and another winger. Hopefully come may 2nd we’ll all be celebrating in Falkirk

I would also keep Baird. I don't think he's got 90 minutes in him anymore but he still has something to offer on and off the pitch.

Would agree with this. Particularly regarding his influence off the pitch. We have a pretty young squad and someone with his experience could be invaluable at the business end of the season.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

It has been one hell of a turnaround for you the past few seasons. Having got your debt down without going into admin again is the biggest surprise. I'm not having a pop with that. You obviously get the away gates and prize money associated with being in the premiership so that will help with your jaunts to Portugal. I look forward to our game having never been to your stadium before, so it's another one to tick off the list. Having watched Dykes last season against us, how your getting the money reported is beyond me.

The money talked about is huge but surprised you don’t rate him. Dykes absolutely destroyed us for QOS at Starks in the play off. He was their biggest threat, even more so than Dobbie.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Definitely, bit of a fairy tale for us started the decade being demoted to the bottom tier due to admin number 2, ended it 5th in the Premiership. Really looking forward to the game as well, reckon you'll be up for it and give us a fight. Only teams to beat us at home this season have been Rangers and Aberdeen so far!

Dykes has changed from being a supporting striker to the focal point and proper number 9, very good athlete that's solely worked on his finishing. Constantly chases everything and works his socks off 10 goals in 22 appearances and talks of a Scotland call up aren't too bad. Hopefully he's still here when we play you :D 

The money talked about is huge but surprised you don’t rate him. Dykes absolutely destroyed us for QOS at Starks in the play off. He was their biggest threat, even more so than Dobbie.

I think that's because we focused on keeping dobbie quiet more than anything. It's not that I don't rate him, I just don't see where 2 million is coming from for him. His goal at Palmerston was a good finish and he obviously isn't a bad player.

Definitely, bit of a fairy tale for us started the decade being demoted to the bottom tier due to admin number 2, ended it 5th in the Premiership. Really looking forward to the game as well, reckon you'll be up for it and give us a fight. Only teams to beat us at home this season have been Rangers and Aberdeen so far!

Dykes has changed from being a supporting striker to the focal point and proper number 9, very good athlete that's solely worked on his finishing. Constantly chases everything and works his socks off 10 goals in 22 appearances and talks of a Scotland call up aren't too bad. Hopefully he's still here when we play you [emoji3] 

Did he not declare for Australia? Or am I making that up?

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I think that's because we focused on keeping dobbie quiet more than anything. It's not that I don't rate him, I just don't see where 2 million is coming from for him. His goal at Palmerston was a good finish and he obviously isn't a bad player.

Did he not declare for Australia? Or am I making that up?

He did but he went back on it saying if Scotland called him up he'd answer. Reckon it's down to whoever asks first

If we sell Bowie to Livi then we'd be as well folding. He's destined for far bigger things. Personally,  I'd be disappointed if he goes to pretty much any club in Scotland. The lad has incredible potential, the last thing we need is to give a brilliant young talent to a club who we should be competing against at a league level so that they can reap the benefits. 

He did but he went back on it saying if Scotland called him up he'd answer. Reckon it's down to whoever asks first
I haven't seen enough of him this season to say whether he's good enough to play for Scotland but it's quite the jump from what I seen of him in, admittedly two games last season.

9 hours ago, grumswall said:
10 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Interesting point, not sure I’d be too keen to sign someone as cover for MacDonald though, seems a bit of a waste. We could always push him into midfield though.

Sending Munro back and using Thomson/Mcgurn and using the loan market for someone else may also be food for thought.

It does until we need someone to fill in and we're left with Watson. I'm not saying we need to sign a natural lb but if we can get someone who can do a job there while being better elsewhere then I'd rather that, than signing another rb.

As we’ve seen, Watson can play right wing back reasonably, but struggles mightily at left wing back because he simple doesn’t use his left effectively enough. Ideally we’d get an outside defender who is competent to work either side. We can, in a pinch, use four back with Watson/McKay/SAndo or Bene/signee, while pushing Miller and MacDonald up to outside mid with Hendry and Spencer, and crowning with squat for strikers besides Smith and Bowie (and perhaps Tait?).

So a utility back and a striker should be the list, as long as we are signing that young goalie and McGurn isn’t badly injured (anyone know if the suggested shoulder injury is correct?).

9 hours ago, Scottydog said:

PS. still not forgiven you twats for fucking us over on the Big Marv, Toasty and Tosh deal so I've changed my mind it's £2M now otherwise you can bolt!

Are you re writing history again ?

Our directors offered them on a plate to Livi, and why would they have rejected such a bargain ?

Edited by Beastie Russell

Fine just give us the thick end of £300k and as long as you can persuade Ziggy his future is in West Lothian he's all yours.....in May.
Mind you Tottenham and Arsenal are scouting him too so I doubt he'll be interested.
Dearly me! Give it a rest

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:
21 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Dearly me! Give it a rest

Away and play under a bus.