The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

He can only play for Raith or Kelty, can't play for three teams in one season.

I though that I read otherwise, but it seems you are correct. Thank you for that, sir. I’ll say that I don’t feel it would help him to rejoin us this season, much better to have him play regularly and get confident and game experience can only help, even at a lower level.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Rumours that Falkirk are after Goodwillie. Bad news if he goes there.

Clyde are strapped for players and in a cat fight at the bottom of the table. I don’t see them making that deal unless Falkirk can magically make players appear, and given their performances vs Clyde, it couldn’t be any of Falkirk’s current roster.

Goodwillie owes Clyde some loyalty as the only club willing to take him on. I'd be surprised to see him move in January. As has been said though, if we make the right signings and can by some miracle keep the players we do have fit we'll be there or there abouts.

Has baird leaving or having a new contract been confirmed anywhere?

35 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Has baird leaving or having a new contract been confirmed anywhere?

Only word is “until January 2020” and “He will join the Rovers until the New Year“ in the Rovers signing announcement. Transfermarkt, for what that’s worth, lists him as out of contract 1/1/20. No other data available, I guess we wait for word from John or the team.

Goodwillie to Falkirk is a strange one, can’t see Clyde fighting relegation letting their best player go in January unless it’s for decent money or another good player and I’m not sure Falkirk have the cash or a player to tempt them into selling. Unless he has a release if a Full Time team comes in I’d be surprised to see him at Falkirk before the summer.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
16 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:
Anyone have a source for the Callaghan rumours about him coming back to us?         
If true that would be great news!!

Previous player who appears to be free to a good home.

But can we actually use another mid? We’re much thinner up top, fat in the middle and a bit loose in back (which also describes much of the aging Rovers fan base, eh?). I just don’t see us having the resources to offer an interesting contract to Ross with those other needs outstanding. Unfortunately, if we see him in League One, it would be with Falkirk, who have massive midfield issues.

31 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Anyone have a source for the Callaghan rumours about him coming back to us?         

If true that would be great news!!

St Johnstone management have said they need to move people out before they can sign anyone. 2 or 3 teams interested in Callaghan problem we have is that St Johnstone will clearly need to have any team taking him pay the great majority of his wages we are unlikely to have that kind of money. 

I don’t think we need another CM either. We have Spencer and Hendry who are better than anyone else in that position in this league. Matthews isn’t too shabby either. Add Tait, Miller and at a push, Davo to the list of players who can play there and we are pretty well covered.

I’d rather we looked at a right back and a striker.

Well, it's all on hold for us until we play in the cup then. What's your squad looking like these days? McGlynn was at the game today to see us thump Hibs 2-0, former Livi manager as well (changed days from when he was with us mind you). 

We're a big physical team that likes to pressure you constantly, not sure how that matches up to your playstyle

I don’t think we need another CM either. We have Spencer and Hendry who are better than anyone else in that position in this league. Matthews isn’t too shabby either. Add Tait, Miller and at a push, Davo to the list of players who can play there and we are pretty well covered.

I’d rather we looked at a right back and a striker.

We have 3 options for rb in Miller (when fit) Watson and mckay. Davo has done decent enough there in the past aswell. I'd prefer we looked for a left sided defender incase macdonald gets injured. Think I said this in August aswell and he's not really been injured. Striker seems a necessity, but I'd imagine it will depend on if baird is staying or not. He's maybe not scored as many goals as we'd like but he has contributed and is a good influence among the squad.

Well, it's all on hold for us until we play in the cup then. What's your squad looking like these days? McGlynn was at the game today to see us thump Hibs 2-0, former Livi manager as well (changed days from when he was with us mind you). 

We're a big physical team that likes to pressure you constantly, not sure how that matches up to your playstyle
Hendry to stroll about the pitch with the cigars out as the livi cloggers try and kick him about the pitch imo.