The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, RaithTheRover said:

Not that it’s related, but I watched Nando have a fucking marvellous game today. Won everything, communicated to his teammates well, and was comfortable on the ball.

Granted, it’s two league lower, but is he ready for League Two competition? Should we have him move to a League Two side for the second half?

2 minutes ago, ac-rrfc said:

Letting Dylan play without any key role was the difference today.

Against Forfar he looked totally lost and didn’t know what to do but today with regan and brad doing all the work and letting him just roam and play, he was brilliant. Seriously hope we don’t bring Callaghan in like people are saying.

Bring in a striker and keep hold of Gullan and we’ll do fine. Nothing to worry about🥴

We're getting Callachan, you can relax.

He can only play for Raith or Kelty, can't play for three teams in one season.

Has he played for us? I know he played pre-season for us but can’t mind him playing any competitive stuff.

ETA - I just remembered the Dundee game in the league cup. Never mind. Been trying my hardest to keep his performance in that game out of my memory tbh [emoji23]

With the January window fast approaching, who do you think will get moved on? And who/what positions do you see McGlynn bringing in?

I heard Victoria is away to Stranraer which disappoints me, as I always thought he hasn’t been given a fair shake. Also heard Baird away to Oz?

Would love Lewis Allan off the books, but seems to be a McGlynn favourite.

I would like to see another striker and CB brought in.

Huge win yesterday, there is definitely a spirit and togetherness in this squad which has lacked for years. Great to see 4 of our own youth players contribute too.

The next month will be huge. We have to build on yesterday and go on another run. Last year after we won at Arbroath around the same time of year we failed to kick on. We won 1 of our next 6. Our January business also left us much weaker than we had been at the start of the month.

Whether injuries or players leaving in January we lost Armstrong, Vaughan, Milne, Wright and Hendry (officially). The replacements were:

Wright - Lyness    
Armstrong - McGuffie    
Hendry - Barjonas   
Milne - Dingwall   
Vaughan - Gullan

Lyness, McGuffie and Barjonas were very poor and added nothing. Dingwall replacing Milne is the only upgrade and even then Dingwall ended up injured in March. Gullan was decent but not spectacular. He is a far better player this tine around. 

Encouraging that McGlynn has two specific targets in mind. Hopefully he gets them both and the injured players start to return. We really need to be coming out of this January stronger than we are now. I’d imagine one of the two signings will be a striker which is essential. I’m not sure centre midfield is a priority area to strengthen for the second signing but if it turns out to be Callachan as rumoured there will be no complaints from me. A loan extension for Gullan is also important. 

Big couple of games coming up now, at home to Peterhead and away to Forfar. On paper we should be looking to win both. But as pointed out by someone previously, whilst we have lost 1 out of 10 against the top 5 in the league it is the lower half teams we have struggled against. Losing to Stranraer and Peterhead and dropping points against both Forfar and Clyde.

Great day yesterday and this team is easily the most likeable we have had in years. Hopefully we can kick on from yesterday and take advantage of the position we are now in. I think in 4-5 weeks time we will have a pretty good idea if we are capable of going the distance.